its all a beautiful blur











{Tuesday, May 27} It just wont end.
So, all of last week I was holed up in my bedroom fairly depressed. The bleeding, while moderate to light, was not stopping. Saturday night he and I went to a party at his friend's house, where I proceeded to get hammered and actually have a good time. Sunday afternoon the heavy bleeding started again. Im talking about the heavy bleeding I suffered through on Mother's Day, passing tissue and clots and whatnot. Sunday it was manageable. Monday morning it started again, and lasted most of the day. It was at its worst after supper yesterday, where it was just a constant gush of blood for almost two hours. He came over to visit me and at that point I had lost all of my color, and I was getting all lightheaded and sick. So we headed up to the ER.

We ended up being there for a total of three hours, but during that time the doctor on call did a physical examination (my cervix is still closed for those who were wondering), and had the lab take bloodwork. Most of the time we were waiting was for the bloodwork results to come back, but when they did, my HCG was at 8, and my hemoglobin was at the very low end of the "normal" range, and the doctor sent me home and told me that if Im not finished bleeding in a week to follow up with my family doctor.

So, today I still feel like crap, but the bleeding has lessened to a manageable menstrual amount. I got a call from my family doctor's office, wanting to follow up with the ER visit. My appointment is in two days, when normally it takes weeks to get an appointment, so Im assuming he saw something in the bloodwork that he didnt like, but I guess I'll find out on Thursday. In the meantime, a nap sounds in order.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

its all a beautiful blur

I am a twenty-seven year old Canadian girl. This is my blog.

Skin and tragedy always attract a crowd. (June 18th, 1976 by Pedro the Lion)

I feel like I'm naked in front of the crowd
Cause these words are my diary screamin' out aloud
And I know that you'll use them however you want to.
(Breathe (2am) by Anna Nalick)


Visit Twenty Something Bloggers
Drawings To Look At
Other People's Words
Things I've Said Before
Et Cetera