its all a beautiful blur











{Tuesday, October 30} *sniff*
I hate today. Today sucks and I quit.

It started last night, really. He was off today, and we had plans to make caramel apples. He had mentioned a month ago that he'd like some and I told him that if he provided the ingredients I'd make them. Anywho, the plan was for me to stay at his house last night and then we'd get up this morning and stop in his store for a few minutes, and then do our running around and come back to my house and do up the apples.

That was the plan.

Last night, after we got to his place, we went down and played cards on the bed and I just felt really emotional, but I knew I was getting my period today so I wasnt totally surprised. What I didnt expect was the sheer amount of pain that I would be in. It wasnt until we had spent over half an hour in the mall, picked up the caramels, and were on our way to get the rest of the stuff that it hit me. I was actually doubled over in pain and white as a ghost. I managed to walk around the Wal*Mart with him, but had to stay in the car for the other stops until we got to Corrine's to drop her off soup. I couldnt wait until I got home to take pain meds, I scammed some off of her. I came home and I took a bath which helped the pain subside, but by this time I was shaking from the combination of the pain and not having eaten all day, so I made lunch, but I still felt off.

That could be partially because I was so emotional, which just made me overly sensitive to everything that had to go wrong. So today is Tuesday, the day the girls and I normally get together and have supper and watch television. So the plan (or so I thought) was for he and I to come home and unwrap all the caramels, he could go home and take his conference call and then come back and we'd dip all the apples. It was convenient that Corrine and I were too sick to manage girl's night tonight, because he decided he had other things to do this afternoon and wanted to do the apples after supper. We wont get into that, but it got to the point where I was just in too much pain to argue.

So, of course, around half past four he called me to tell me that one of the girls who was scheduled to work tonight called off sick and that he'd have to go in and cover her shift. He wasnt too pleased because he never ever gets a day off (seriously, if the mall's not closed, he's pretty much on call). I, of course, was rather a mess because I'd spend the entire day doubled over and crying due to the pain. I did the apples by myself, and it wasnt a total failure I dont think. The recipe didnt make as many as it said it would, and I burned some of the caramel, and exploded some other ones in the microwave, but whatever.

Oh, and six months ago today was the day that he messaged me out of the blue on Facebook and we went out for the first time in almost two years. Despite us not officially getting together until sometime in July, we did go on a number of dates in the meantime and talked fairly frequently. So we're saying that technically we've been dating again for six months. I think thats mostly because we remember that date and not when we actually considered ourselves "back together". Or, at least, I dont.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

its all a beautiful blur

I am a twenty-seven year old Canadian girl. This is my blog.

Skin and tragedy always attract a crowd. (June 18th, 1976 by Pedro the Lion)

I feel like I'm naked in front of the crowd
Cause these words are my diary screamin' out aloud
And I know that you'll use them however you want to.
(Breathe (2am) by Anna Nalick)


Visit Twenty Something Bloggers
Drawings To Look At
Other People's Words
Things I've Said Before
Et Cetera