its all a beautiful blur











{Friday, October 26} I was born too late to a world that doesn't care
So tonight, for the first time in ages, I sat down at 10pm to watch Grey's Anatomy by myself. This season, he's been coming over to watch it with me, but the last two years I'd be sitting in front of the television with my laptop on my lap so that I could "watch" the show with other people, mostly Corrine who was away at university. Anywho, tonight he was exhausted from working fifteen hours, and I've gotten out of the habit of having my laptop upstairs with me. Plus, despite the fact that both Corrine and Marilou have their laptops in the city with them, I wasnt assuming either or both would be online during the show. So I got a drink and settled in to watch by myself.

You can imagine my confusion when, during the first commercial break, the phone rang. Normally this would be Corrine, but I knew that she wouldnt call me long distance. I picked up and he said "Who's Ava?". I got all gushy because, well, he was watching my show. He was at his own house, watching my favorite television show willingly on his own, because he didnt want to be out of the loop. I talked to him as long as the commercials were on and then let him go, but he called me back during the next commercial break to discuss the guy cutting his own foot off, so he obviously kept watching. As much as flowers would be nice, its the cute little things like this that catch me off guard. It ranks right up there with walking to my house in the heat to wash dishes.

All because I started watching Heroes and playing Magic The Gathering.

Hey, I never said I wasnt a nerd.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

its all a beautiful blur

I am a twenty-seven year old Canadian girl. This is my blog.

Skin and tragedy always attract a crowd. (June 18th, 1976 by Pedro the Lion)

I feel like I'm naked in front of the crowd
Cause these words are my diary screamin' out aloud
And I know that you'll use them however you want to.
(Breathe (2am) by Anna Nalick)


Visit Twenty Something Bloggers
Drawings To Look At
Other People's Words
Things I've Said Before
Et Cetera