its all a beautiful blur











{Saturday, March 3} I still have to look at it to remind myself I actually got it done.
To start: a real friend is someone who will eat at the mall food court specifically to take photos of your loser exboyfriend working his menial, minimum wage job, just so you can make fun of him. (Working around food, he should have been wearing a hairnet, really.) Friends like that you dont trade in.

So yeah, on a whim today I drove forty-five minutes from home and got my left nipple repierced. I should correct myself, I had the idea to get it done, and called my brother for someone to tell me whether or not I should do it, and he told me to go for it. Well, I hadnt told him exactly what I was going to get pierced, just that I wanted a new piercing. So for all he knows I got my septum or something done. Did it hurt? Well, yes, piercings hurt. Relative to anything else I've had done? Well the first time I got my nipples done, the left one was a sharp, quick pain, and the right one was a little duller, but more prolonged. If that makes any sense. Anyway, this time, getting my left nipple pierced hurt about as much as getting the right one done the last time. There was scar tissue there, which is not so easy to pierce through. The pain came moreso after the fact, after the jewelery was in and the clamp was off. It remained sore for a couple of hours afterwards, but I seemed to have napped the pain away and, other than a bit of swelling, Im doing alright now.

If you're wondering why I ever let the piercings heal over in the first place, it was because I didnt like the placement of the piercings on my nipples, and I cant wear hoops anywhere on my body. For some reason, hoops cause my body to infect. Yeah, figure that out. A sterilized, surgical steel hoop should not cause infection. In normal people, anyway. I think what does it to me is the fact that there is more movement to a hoop than to a bar, whether straight or curved, and that alone bothers the piercing enough it can cause infection. It doesnt make any sense at all, I realize this, but this is me we're talking about. I am normally a constant example of Murphy's Law. I've gotten used to it.

The part that I still cant get over is the fact that I just got it in my head to get a piercing, and then just went and did it. I rarely do things on that much of a whim. Im somewhat impressed with myself that I went and did it without even thinking twice about it. Maybe Im getting more brazen with age.

Oh, and getting to hang out with Corrine the past couple of nights made me realize how much I've missed her in the two months since she's been gone. Luckily she's home again (for good!) in another couple of weeks, and we can be miserable, hateful, snotty people in person. Yay! Plus, Michelle and Laura are fun to hang out with too! Hopefully, Amanda feels better tomorrow.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

its all a beautiful blur

I am a twenty-seven year old Canadian girl. This is my blog.

Skin and tragedy always attract a crowd. (June 18th, 1976 by Pedro the Lion)

I feel like I'm naked in front of the crowd
Cause these words are my diary screamin' out aloud
And I know that you'll use them however you want to.
(Breathe (2am) by Anna Nalick)


Visit Twenty Something Bloggers
Drawings To Look At
Other People's Words
Things I've Said Before
Et Cetera