its all a beautiful blur











{Wednesday, January 31} Oooooh shiny!
Lookit me! I can post from work again :D Dont expect anything major or profound from me, but things may come a lot more frequently than before. Although, for those who are really interested in my goings-on, Im hardly ever further than an IM or phone call away.

January was a bad month, things are looking up. Yesterday I (legally) came into possession of a genuine, full copy of Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium which I spent at least three hours installing onto my two year old Dell Inspiron 6000 last night. I did a direct upgrade from XP and had to rip and reinstall my AVG, but no biggie. The only major issue I had was that the touchpad drivers werent compatable with the new OS so I had to fight a little bit and get new ones installed. Things are working fine now, however.

My computer only has 512MB ram, so by default it cannot run Aero in Vista, but a friend of mine gave me a hack for Aero that I think I'll try when I go home tonight. No problem though if I cant make it work.


2 Comments:


Blogger James said...

My copy of Windows XP is pretty much the only legit software I own, but would be the only software I wouldn't feel a slight guilt over if it was a pirate copy. Im going to put off upgrading to Vista for as long as possible, in fact if I had a spare hard drive I would try out a version of Linux.

Wednesday, January 31, 2007 5:34:00 p.m.  


Blogger eye candy said...

Well, the only reason I upgraded to Vista was because I got it for nothing. Im still working out some "issues" but Im actually having fun troubleshooting my own PC. Whoda thunk it?

Friday, February 02, 2007 7:17:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

its all a beautiful blur

I am a twenty-seven year old Canadian girl. This is my blog.

Skin and tragedy always attract a crowd. (June 18th, 1976 by Pedro the Lion)

I feel like I'm naked in front of the crowd
Cause these words are my diary screamin' out aloud
And I know that you'll use them however you want to.
(Breathe (2am) by Anna Nalick)


Visit Twenty Something Bloggers
Drawings To Look At
Other People's Words
Things I've Said Before
Et Cetera