its all a beautiful blur











{Tuesday, September 19} And everything seems cut and dry \ Day and night, earth and sky \ Somehow I just dont believe it.
Jim Dan *Name*, the brother of the deceased man, asked the young people to stop the protest.

He quietly told the gathering his brother took his own life.

“We got that from the medical examiner, not the police.
There is no coverup. Let the police do their job, they are doing a good job.”

“This type of action is not helping the town or anyone else, especially my family.”

So it wasnt a murder afterall, it was a suicide. The news that there was no foul play involved did not prevent the few-hundred-people-strong mob from forming. It did not prevent a house from being burned down, or another to get a smashed window. There still has not been an official statement about the cause of death, but murder or suicide, the death of a twenty-five year old young man is still a goddamned shame. Especially in this town, where this type of thing has happened before under different circumstances.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

its all a beautiful blur

I am a twenty-seven year old Canadian girl. This is my blog.

Skin and tragedy always attract a crowd. (June 18th, 1976 by Pedro the Lion)

I feel like I'm naked in front of the crowd
Cause these words are my diary screamin' out aloud
And I know that you'll use them however you want to.
(Breathe (2am) by Anna Nalick)


Visit Twenty Something Bloggers
Drawings To Look At
Other People's Words
Things I've Said Before
Et Cetera