its all a beautiful blur











{Wednesday, July 5} What, actual substance?
So, yesterday, I got the day off of work (making that a four day weekend) and I actually took advantage of it. I went to the beach! Janice got the day off of work too and stopped at the house to drop my brother's scissors off, and we got to chatting. She mentioned how she was dying to go swimming but neither one of us had a pool at ready access, and there are no beaches in the immediate area that are safe to swim at (mmm ecoli!). Obviously this would pose a problem, but as luck would have it we live on an island, so water is hardly ever far away. We (and by this time includes Alex in our car, and Janice's mother-in-law and her granddaughter in another car) drove to a beach about an hour away and spent the afternoon there. If you were wondering if I did any swimming, the answer would be no. I got into the water up to my knees, but the water was so cold my ankles went numb so I decided that getting some sun would be a better way to spend my afternoon. I did end up with a slight sunburn on my back and shoulders but nothing that I cant handle. The kids had a great time playing in the water and the sand, and that made the drive out there worthwhile.

My brother, on the other hand, spent yesterday afternoon getting a tattoo. Yes, my mother knows (now). No, he still hasnt gotten me anything for my birthday. Anyway, he went to the new shop that opened up in this area, which I was leary about going to only because he's new and not well established, but I was assured that the artist has his papers, and the health inspector was leaving just as Paul was getting there (so we can safely assume he's clean). Paul told me that he was watching what the guy was doing and he was very careful and very clean. I must say, the kid's tattoo came out well too. He got a blue rose on his right leg (the side of his shin) and it looks really nice. It didnt cost him all that much, and it saved him an hour drive (with gas at $1.16/L!). I believe I'll be going to this new artist for my next tattoo, which I have picked out already, and plan to get next month some time.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

its all a beautiful blur

I am a twenty-seven year old Canadian girl. This is my blog.

Skin and tragedy always attract a crowd. (June 18th, 1976 by Pedro the Lion)

I feel like I'm naked in front of the crowd
Cause these words are my diary screamin' out aloud
And I know that you'll use them however you want to.
(Breathe (2am) by Anna Nalick)


Visit Twenty Something Bloggers
Drawings To Look At
Other People's Words
Things I've Said Before
Et Cetera