its all a beautiful blur











{Saturday, July 8} Its way too cold in here.
In a week from now we'll be on our way to Halifax to see Live in concert. Corrine came up with the brilliant idea of renting a room at one of the universities, rather than a hotel room because it would be much cheaper. This means that if you include what we'll be paying for gas, what we've already paid for the tickets, and account for food, we'll be going on a weekend road trip for under $200 each. I think this is pretty damn classy if you ask me. We probably wont be making it to Halifax to do any shopping, which is alright with me (taking me shopping is dangerous to my bank account). Its not like we'd have nothing else to do. The really fun part is getting up at dawn (or earlier) on Monday morning to drive home after being at the concert the night before. I must remember to get batteries for my camera, not for the concert, but for the trip in general.

I have this habit on Saturdays of picking up breakfast at McDonald's on my way to work. Today when waiting in the drive thru, I noticed that they had switched their Happy Meal toys from Cars to Pirates of the Carribbean: Dead Man's Chest which made me excited (even if the movie isnt all that great, I will probably still have an orgasm while watching it). When I finally got to open the bag and see what I got, it was not the stuffed Captain Jack Sparrow that was shown on the poster, but a plastic skull with eyepatch and bandana. I was a tad disappointed so I put the toy away until I ate my food (breakfast burrito meal in case you were wondering). So I finished my breakfast and took to inspecting my prize a little further and when I looked at the instructions it was shown to me that my skull is a magic 8 ball. A magic fricken eight ball! Im a geek, but Im happy :D I also now need to collect all the toys in the series because they come with little map pieces which I suppose would win me a big prize.

In other news, to get over Thursday's bout of depression (which ice cream did not cure, it must have been faulty ice cream), yesterday during my lunch I decided to blow over to the Dollarama to kill time. I bought flip flops. For a dollar. I need to be stopped. I have pairs of flip flops that I have yet to even wear. In my own defense though, these ones are lime green, and until yesterday I was not in posession of lime green flip flops. And did I mention they were only a dollar? See, I can justify it.


1 Comments:


Blogger furmommy said...

dont you know the rule?

you need enough pairs of flip flops in multiple colors to match all your outfits. If you dont have enough colors, you just simply dont have enough pairs.

Unfortunately, men dont understand this theory, regardless of how many time you tell them. But we know its true.

Saturday, July 08, 2006 3:31:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

its all a beautiful blur

I am a twenty-seven year old Canadian girl. This is my blog.

Skin and tragedy always attract a crowd. (June 18th, 1976 by Pedro the Lion)

I feel like I'm naked in front of the crowd
Cause these words are my diary screamin' out aloud
And I know that you'll use them however you want to.
(Breathe (2am) by Anna Nalick)


Visit Twenty Something Bloggers
Drawings To Look At
Other People's Words
Things I've Said Before
Et Cetera