its all a beautiful blur











{Monday, July 17} It only took me hours to type this.
This post is going to be long and, in order to save bandwith I will be just linking to photos rather than posting them. You can view them all at Flickr starting here. Note: not all links are to photos, some just better explain my story.

Road Trip!

Im home. It was an amazing time and I really dont know if I can properly describe the weekend in all its glory.

Friday night came and put a bit of a damper on our weekend. Amanda instant messaged Corrine to tell her that she couldnt come with us due to stuff at home. This sucked, obviously because Amanda couldnt come with us, but because now we had this extra concert ticket that we couldnt get rid of. Even knowing a week before, we could have gotten someone else to come with (we could think of two or three people just off the top of our heads who would have gladly come if given notice). Plus, now this meant that it would be going halves on gas and accomadations, rather than thirds. Oh well, there wasnt a whole lot we could do about that at 10:30pm on Friday night.

Saturday I got to work to find out that the hour off I had asked for at the end of my shift was denied, so I had to work until four as per usual. I worked my shift and flew to my aunt's house to pick up a care package we were going to drop off to my cousin, and then flew home where Corrine was already waiting for me. We got on the road shortly after half past four (see, I said I flew home, I live twenty minutes from work). So we were off.

We were motoring along, talking, when Corrine realized that she had been a dumbass and volunteered for training on Monday from 9am-5pm. This is obviously a problem because we werent expecting to be getting back until somewhere around 11am, see, because she normally doesnt have work until 1pm. Dingbat. (I love you!) This wasnt a huge problem, her job wasnt in jeopardy or anything, it was just one of those stupid frig-ups that people do. It was something that we were still laughing at on the way home. Im chuckling to myself thinking about it. So, anyway, Corrine calls her sister and has Tara email Corrine's supervisor telling her of the mixup and that she'd be at work as soon as she could. There, problem solved.

We stopped for lunch at the Big Stop, nothing major. I had a cheeseburger and she had a chicken burger, then we didnt have to stop again until we got into the city. Getting to the city, we took the wrong exit and ended up on our way to Peggy's Cove. This was something after nine at night, so it was dark out, and we were lost sidetracked. It didnt take us more than a couple of minutes to actually get back to the city, and then we had to find the dorm we were staying in. We were driving around aimlessly when we came upon the Halifax Jazz Festival, where, standing on a corner, was a guy dressed in a superhero outfit. Im talking full spandex suit, underoos, and cape. The whole shebang. We were stopped at a redlight when Corrine spotted him, and we were both scrambling to find our cameras, when the light went green and we had to turn and we didnt get a photo. But we turned and were right on top of the dorm where we were staying, which was kind of cool.

Our room. It wasnt anything spectacular. Granted, it did have its own sink, which meant that even though we had to pee and shower down the hall, we could brush our teeth in the privacy of our own room. We didnt remember to take pictures of the bathroom on our floor, and Im kicking myself for it. This bathroom was fancy. When you opened the door, the lights automatically turned on, and it happened individually in the shower stalls too. And these stalls were like their own little rooms, with the dividers and doors going floor to ceiling in both the batheroom stalls, and shower stalls. There was no passing toilet paper under the stalls here. The shower stalls themselves were huge too. And clean, oh my that bathroom was spotless.

Anyway, after we hauled our shit upstairs (we were on the third floor), we got ready and went outside and walked around town for a while, and then went back to our room because it was dark and it was the city and there were some strange characters about. I was left with a massive blister on my right foot (note: Old Navy flipflops are not for hiking) which is still bothering me, but I didnt let it stop me at all.

Sunday morning I woke up about half past nine, and we went and showered and got ready and walked to Smitty's for breakfast. It was really busy, but the food and service were up to our standards (high) and we were both impressed. We then crossed the road to the public gardens and were immediately presented with ducks, uhh, mating. I didnt get my camera in time, and I dont think she did either, but it was quite the sight to see. Personally I didnt think that the girl duck was all too impressed with being mounted, but she put up a strong front. We spent a long time in the park, just walking around taking photos. I took most of my photos there, and I could have easily spent the day just wandering around looking at the trees and ducks.

When we were finished there we went right downtown and walked aorund looking at things and ducking into those overpriced downtown stores that every city has. It was an awesome afternoon, just walking around poking into different places. Neither one of us bought anything for the most part (I think this is when I bought my $3.50 earrings), but just walking around poking into the random shops was an awesome way to spend an afternoon. We had to have done at least three kilometers, before we went back to our room. We chilled for a little while and then dropped my cousin's stuff off to her and headed back (in the car) to look for The Freak Lunch Box and ended up down at the waterfront where we parked and got out and acted like tourists. We found this neat little store called Cool As A Moose that sold the cutest tshirts. Yes, I bought one. Corrine bought herself one, as well as one for Steve (his was hilarious). We then found the Freak Lunch Box and both spent about $12 on candy.

We were tired at this point so we went back to our room and chilled and played cards for a while. When Corrine was mailed the tickets, she was also sent coupons for free hamburger platters at a pub near the forum (I forget the name of it at the moment, something Plum), so we headed down for free food. We walked in and saw that it was a peanut bar, meaning the place was filthy. We sat at a table (that was kind of sticky) and waited for ten or fifteen minutes and still no waitress. Corrine got up and got us menus in hopes that someone would come over. Eventually one of the three girls working did come over (three girls working this entire bar, which was packed) and took our order. We could see the kitchen where we were sitting and we saw our food get put up and sit for at least ten minutes. The poor cook had half a dozen dishes sitting up there getting cold, waiting for the girls to come and hand them out. Finally we got our food and luckily the burgers were still warm. They were really good burgers, props to the cook for that. The fries were overdone, and cold.

After we ate, we then had to sit and wait for our bills. All the while we're watching people come in, sit for ten minutes, and get up and leave because nobody was waiting on them. When we finally got our bills we went up to the bar to pay and our server walked by and barked "You dont pay at the bar", so we meekly asked the girl behind the bar where we pay. She told us (not all that snotty or anything) that we pay our server, who was nowhere to be found at this point, so the money was thrown on the table and we left. We got there before 5:30pm, and we left just before 7pm. For burger platters. Dirty pub, bad service, and mediocre food. I do not recommend that place, at all.

We walked to the forum and waited outside for ten minutes for them to open the doors before we could go in. While we were waiting outside, these two women walked by with these identical tight, red dresses on (barely covering their arses, naturally) with wide black belts around their waists, and really high heels on. Being us, we gave each other the "omg did you see that?" look, that we had been giving each other quite frequently all evening. Critical, no? So anyway, they finally let us in and we find our seats and get settled. We still had an hour so we went back upstairs looking for the merch table, to no avail, so we went back and sat down and waited for the show.

The show started at 8pm, and at this point we still had no idea who the opening act was. They came on stage, but it was too dark for me to tell who they were. Then the singing started and I think I wet myself. I turned to Corrine and shouted "Oh my god its the fucking TEA PARTY!" I may or may not have had an orgasm. I wasnt completly correct, The Tea Party broke up last October, but it was Jeff Martin who was the lead singer. I'd know his voice anywhere. I was very much in love with The Tea Party when I was in highschool, so I was sad finding out they broke up, but Jeff's set was really good. I didnt know any of the songs he (and his band) played, as they were all from his new album, but the music was great and his voice is arousing (listen to the song Temptation, mmm).

Then Live came out, and I cannot properly describe the awesome show they put on. I can honestly say that every second song they played we knew and could sing along to. Even their new stuff that they were playing was very easy to get in to, and the two of us were standing there dancing away. Im sure the people around us hated us, but that's too bad for them (poor Katie Holmes). Half of the fun was watching the band and being able to tell that they were having a great time performing. The lead guitarist was a stage show in and of himself. He was easily the most enthusiastic person in the entire building, and it wouldnt have surprised either of us had he sprained his ankle or something. It was kind of comical, actually. Although, not quite as comical as the girls who were standing near the top of the lower bowl just givin 'er. I dont mean regular givin 'er, I mean givin 'er. So much to the point that before the show was over the lead singer was joking about crazy they were.

Speaking of the lead singer, oh my he was one fine piece of ass. He originally came out wearing a shirt that he took off to reveal a charcoal grey wife-beater, and that was, believe me, very nice. As the show progressed we could see the sweat pouring off of him and, of course, off came the wife-beater. I think, at that moment, Corrine and I had simultaneous orgasms. Im not one for rippled male bodies (I prefer a bit of squish), but ohmagosh he was fantastic, and not too rippled. There was a slight squish. Katie Holmes' head blocked me from viewing him put his hand in his pants all sexual-like, but I can only imagine. In fact, Im imagining it right now. Mmmm.... So yes, as you can tell, the concert was worth every bit of the $50 we paid for the tickets.

After the concert we went back to our rooms and went to bed and slept for about four hours before we had to get up again to drive home. We left the city at 5:15am, and I was in my driveway at half past ten. We stopped to eat for fifteen minutes, stopped to pee for five, and then stopped at Steve's for about ten so Corrine could get ready for work and I could put my stuff in Steve's car so he could drive me home. We obviously made awesome time driving home. And that was it. Obviously there are things that Im forgetting, and things that I cant be bothered explaining (like "Katie Holmes", or "Mom, Im at that place and had to call"). But the trip was fan-fucking-tastic.

Tonight Im just going to chill (which is hard considering it is 27ÂșC outside). Tomorrow is lobster at my aunt's house with all of the Ontario crew. Wednesday Kim and I are going to the movies. Thursday is Janice's Fantasia party. I've decided that Im not going to the pub crawl on Friday (for a few reasons, namely I have work at 7am Saturday), so I might get to chill again then. Maybe. Im sure I'll find something to do then too. Okay, I think this is long enough.


2 Comments:


Blogger furmommy said...

it makes me really sad that you arent going to the pub crawl.

Tuesday, July 18, 2006 12:12:00 a.m.  


Blogger eye candy said...

Believe me, it was not an easy decision to make.

Tuesday, July 18, 2006 6:47:00 a.m.  

Post a Comment

its all a beautiful blur

I am a twenty-seven year old Canadian girl. This is my blog.

Skin and tragedy always attract a crowd. (June 18th, 1976 by Pedro the Lion)

I feel like I'm naked in front of the crowd
Cause these words are my diary screamin' out aloud
And I know that you'll use them however you want to.
(Breathe (2am) by Anna Nalick)


Visit Twenty Something Bloggers
Drawings To Look At
Other People's Words
Things I've Said Before
Et Cetera