its all a beautiful blur











{Thursday, July 13} Chatty this morning, no?
Tuesday night, save for an hour, I slept from the time I got home from work until I had to get up for work yesterday. This means that I went a good twenty-four hours without eating anything, and if you want to be technical, I threw up the only thing I ate on Tuesday. On my way to work yesterday I stopped at Tim Horton's and got a bowl of soup (I was surprised they even had soup to serve at 6:15am) and forced that down. Face it, the thought of having no appetite, or not being able to eat is attractive to me, but I know that it is in no way healthy so I eat when I should. The soup was good, and by mid-morning my stomach had settled, and then throughout the day I gradually came back to what I normally am. Debbie, that sits next to me, was sick yesteray like I was on Tuesday, so there must have been something going around.

Naturally, yesterday, because my stomach was settled, I had a toothache. Well, not so much an ache as an irritation. It felt like I had something stuck between my teeth, when I didnt, but today that seems to be gone away.

Yesterday was my mother's birthday. She's 51 in case you're interested. My mother's favorite way to decorate a cake is with Cool Whip and strawberries, so I picked those things up on my way home from work to decorate the cake that my brother had baked. We didnt think this through very well because if we had, he would have picked up the Cool Whip earlier so that it would be that it might have been thawed. So no, we had a tub of frozen whipped topping and strawberries and cake. Brother comes up with the brilliant idea that he needs to run back to the store and buy cream to whip. I swear, if you expect the two of us to get anything accomplished together, you'd be better off with untrained baboons. I dont know if it was the humidity, or the humidity combined with the fact that the oven had been going most of the afternoon, but the cream did not whip properly (it was lumpy), and it wouldnt stick to the cake. I had never heard of whipped cream not sticking. Even after we put the whole thing in the fridge to let it cool (and harden) it was no better. Our cake looked like a toddler decorated it, and consider the fact that Im 25 and he has his cooking papers it was quite the catastrophe. But we ate it nonetheless.

I went to bed at half past eight last night because I really want to get in the habit of going to sleep at a half decent hour so Im not struggling out of bed in the morning. As I tossed and turned (a combination of the humidity and the twelve hours of sleep I got the night before) I realized that the Live concert is only three days away. Three days! I am going on a roadtrip in two days and I am totally unprepared. I have no idea where our single air mattress is, and I have no idea what to pack, and oh my goodness Im going on a roadtrip in two days and Im totally unprepared! Eek


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

its all a beautiful blur

I am a twenty-seven year old Canadian girl. This is my blog.

Skin and tragedy always attract a crowd. (June 18th, 1976 by Pedro the Lion)

I feel like I'm naked in front of the crowd
Cause these words are my diary screamin' out aloud
And I know that you'll use them however you want to.
(Breathe (2am) by Anna Nalick)


Visit Twenty Something Bloggers
Drawings To Look At
Other People's Words
Things I've Said Before
Et Cetera