its all a beautiful blur











{Sunday, June 11} You can dress us up, but you cant take us anywhere.
So, we (Paul, Mom, and I) are kind of uppity. This isnt really news to those who are in the know, and really, I dont mean uppity as in we think we're better than anyone, we just prefer the finer things at times. Eating out for example. If we're going to be bothered to drive half an hour to a restaurant, it is not going to be fast food. No, if we are going to drive half an hour to get to a restaurant, its going to be somewhere nice, somewhere where we will get waited on, and where there isnt a $1.39 value menu. Maybe uppity isnt the proper word, maybe prissy fits better. Yeah, prissy. You can see where I get it.

Anyway, last night I was woken up from my nap at7:45pm and told to get ready, that we were going in to Boston Pizza. I have a love/hate relationship with Boston Pizza. The desserts are to die for, the appetizers are worth going out of your way for, but the rest of the food is overpriced and not anything to write home about. Top that off with slow service, and we dont really have a winner. Its a bad relationship, but like a sucker you keep coming back for more. So, last night, we go and Paul and I decided we wanted an appetizer, but not nachos, something different. I picked pizza bread topped with cheese, and then we all ordered pasta as our meals. Mom and I only got half orders of pasta, which I highly recommend doing as their pasta dishes are two full meals in themselves.

So we're sitting and waiting for our meals and getting crankier with every fifteen minute interval that passes. I swear we were waiting something like forty minutes when I start complaining, quietly, but loud enough so that the waitresses clearing the booth next to us could hear us. Not five minutes later our poor waitress comes over and apologizes for the wait, that she had just gone in and checked on our appetizer for the second time and that it would be out shortly. About ten minutes later she came back and told us that our appetizer was almost ready and we'd be getting it free. Paul and Mom were mortified, and I really dont know why. Sure I was sort of mouthing off, but it wasnt loud, nor directed at anyone. It wasnt even our waitress who was cleaning off the booth next to us.

When she finally brought us out our appetizer, she brought our dinners out with it. That was actually good, as that meant they wouldnt just be sitting in the kitchen getting cold and drying out. The food was actually really good. The half order of pasta was just enough, and I wasnt overstuffed when I was finished. And because we felt bad because of the appetizer thing, especially because it wasnt the waitress' fault the kitchen frigged up, we tipped her well. Moral of the story, its not okay to let those things slide.


1 Comments:


Blogger furmommy said...

I think you were in the right with what you did. At 45 mins of waiting just for an apetitizer, you have every right to complain. Half an hour of waiting for an appetizer is unacceptable. If you didnt get appetizers, i can see the waiting for the main meal understandable, as i like my food properly cooked and prepared.

But if enough people complain about the wait time in there, it will hopefully get better, well that or they lose customers and are forced to close down. In the end, you could have been really mean about it or just up and left. So bravo to you for speaking up.

Sunday, June 11, 2006 9:48:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

its all a beautiful blur

I am a twenty-seven year old Canadian girl. This is my blog.

Skin and tragedy always attract a crowd. (June 18th, 1976 by Pedro the Lion)

I feel like I'm naked in front of the crowd
Cause these words are my diary screamin' out aloud
And I know that you'll use them however you want to.
(Breathe (2am) by Anna Nalick)


Visit Twenty Something Bloggers
Drawings To Look At
Other People's Words
Things I've Said Before
Et Cetera