its all a beautiful blur











{Friday, June 9} This one is long, but a long time coming nonetheless.
So, where to begin.. *deep breath* Well Friday night when I came home from seeing what was going on down the road, I picked up the phone to call someone, I cant remember who, and my uncle Bobby was on the line already and asked to speak to my father. While my father is talking to him it is learned that they are not in Halifax, but in fact are down the road at my grandparent's house. Ack! We are only half prepared for them, so we scramble around throwing the house together. My brother had to be contacted to leave work and get home, and I had to call Corrine to ask to borrow her air mattress, and make sure that I could stay over starting a night early. Then the clan arrives. We had my uncle Bobby, his wife Mable, their daughters Chrissy and Cheri, as well as Cheri's husband Chris and two children Ethan and Emily-Ann, as well as Chrissy's son Jacob. The first night I didnt get to spend a whole lot of time with them because I still had to get my stuff to Corrine's and then sleep for work in the morning.

Saturday I got up and showered and went to work. After work I stopped to see Corrine at the library and headed to do some shopping. I had not gotten a new pair of jeans since Christmas and felt I was in desperate need of jeans. First I went to Reitman's and poked about there. I didnt find any jeans that interested me, but I did find a gorgeous skirt on the sale rack that not only was $9.99 (marked down from $40), but was a normal size (not a plus size, big thighs remember?), AND looked awesome on me when I tried it on. Score one for team Jenna. So then I headed across the road to Penningtons and tried on a couple of pairs of jeans. I found two that I liked but only wanted to spend money for one, so I picked one pair that I thought were $59.99, but ended up only being $39.99 AND I got 10% off at the register, so I saved even more. Plus I think they look good on me.

That night Mom had planned on having ham and salads for supper, but the clan was invited to my grandparent's for lobster (we were not, I am not even going to bother to get into THAT backstory) so it was just the four of us and Corrine. She was the entertainment for the evening.

Sunday I had booked off of work so while Corrine and Steve were at church I cooked pasta for her to drop to her mother's friend (death in the family) and went with them to take her nephew to a birthday party at McDonald's. I bought myself a happy meal toy :) Anyway, after that I went home for the afternoon/evening. Mom was having a pork roast for supper, and then we just sat around and hung out for the evening. Considering I havent seen my cousins in nineteen years, we get along really well. Throughout the course of conversation I was finding out that I had things in common with those girls that I dont have in common with anyone else. That made me very content. I sort of wished that I could have spent more time with them, but I plan on going up to visit them sometime within the next two years, so that could very well happen.

I had to work Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday so I couldnt spend time at home during the day. Monday night my uncle bought pizza for all of us, and Tuesday we had a barbeque with more ribs, steak, sausages, balogna, and hotdogs (plus potatoes and salads) than the twelve of us could possibly eat in one meal. I think Corrine took Steve home a platter of food. It was soo good though. Im not used to eating big meals like that every day. Last night Corrine cooked dinner at her house for her and I (Steve ate leftovers) which was really good. After that we roamed around the mall trying on clothes and then went to Canadian Tire and talked cars with a guy who knew about as much as we did but pretended to know more. And she bought a grater, but not the red one.

After I got back I went home for a little while to spend time with the clan before they left. Paul was doing Cheri's hair. He coloured it a really dark brown all over and then gave her a few red panels and did it ever look nice. It came out really well and everyone loved it. I also got to have a shot of Sour Puss with Bobby and Cheri, and I had an apple cider cooler that one of the girls offered me. Then I had to head back up the road to go to bed.

They left this morning, so that meant I could have my bedroom and bathroom back. As much as I enjoyed living at Corrine's, its nice to be home where all of my things are. I am still upset that part of my good tart burner is missing from my bathroom, but I'll give it a couple of days to turn up before I get really upset. It was the metal one that my brother brought back from Toronto five years ago that was rather expensive, so Im allowed to be miffed regardless of my parents brushing it off. But other than that, the whole week was a pleasant experience. Well, except for starting my period and being in so much pain I had to go to Millie for pills at work because Tylenol wasnt doing anything for me.

On a another note, my brother not only passed his course, he did really well on the two parts that we had to drive up for. Which is actually a story I never actually told. So that morning (May 29th) we left for Port Hawksbury about 9am, and arrived a little after 11am. We actually got there just when they were serving lunch, so it was timed perfectly. They had a better spread put on for the dozen people that were there, than Paul's instructor had put on for the two and a half dozen people who wrote his first time. He and I were quite impressed. So, there was only six girls from that class and then him there, and he was kind of segregated from the other girls for the exam. This was probably because he wasnt doing the same things as they were, he was only doing his two parts and then we could leave. Being segregated was probably for the best anyway, the judicators pretty much left him alone until he was finished and they had to pick through what he had done to mark him.

We left there about half past two in the afternoon and drove straight through to the Mic Mac Mall. We arrived at the mall about quarter to six and went straight to Old Navy. We probably spent an hour in there, and I came out with two tshirts, a zip-up hoodie, and a pair of flip flops for me and another one for Corrine. Then we went to GAP where I bought two sleevless shirts and a halter top and a couple of lip gloss. We went for supper after that to East Side Mario's because it was in the mall and were back in the car for home about half past eight. We stopped once for gas, and then at the Big Stop because Paul was hungry, and rolled into the driveway at 1:20am. It wasnt a bad drive at all either way and I would do it again in a heartbeat, only I'd leave at like 8am to get to the mall about 1pm, and head home around 6pm maybe.

Im totally going to be a clothes whore this summer. It started with flip flops, it has moved on to other clothes. I figure if I can pick up one or two items every pay I'll be set. Im not looking to spend a lot of money (the tshirt I bought today only cost me $15), but Im in need of some dressier tops, and you can never get enough new jeans.

Again something I forgot, I bought my phone. I bought the pink Motorolla Razr V3c that I mentioned earlier and I love it. I've already downloaded two games (Pac Man and Bejewled) and one ringtone (Check On It by Beyonce, and its polyphonic at that). I will be happy once I get pictures of everyone that I can associate with my phonebook entries, that makes me giddy. And they gave me the easiest phone number to remember too.

My handbag that I ordered came in too, and its prettier than the photos I saw of it :D

But I think I've covered everything, its really time for bed. Tomorrow is Rock Ranger and Joel Plaskett at Smooth Herman's. It will mark the firs time that Corrine and I will be drunk together since we started hanging out again last summer. *insert evil grin here*


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

its all a beautiful blur

I am a twenty-seven year old Canadian girl. This is my blog.

Skin and tragedy always attract a crowd. (June 18th, 1976 by Pedro the Lion)

I feel like I'm naked in front of the crowd
Cause these words are my diary screamin' out aloud
And I know that you'll use them however you want to.
(Breathe (2am) by Anna Nalick)


Visit Twenty Something Bloggers
Drawings To Look At
Other People's Words
Things I've Said Before
Et Cetera