its all a beautiful blur











{Sunday, April 30} I have no patience for stupid people.
I would be lying if I said that I wasnt stressing over this weekend. I mean, I had to plan two birthday events for two different people. I knew once the events were actually happening I'd be fine, but you know how I worry. Even though hardly anybody showed up at Corrine's on Friday I got drunk (not wrecked, just drunk) and had a good time. And again last night, I had a good time. We went to see American Dreamz, which turned out to be awesome, and then went for dessert and had a blast at Boston Pizza. I love birthdays.

Now, next weekend I'll be celebrating My Boy's birthday. He's coming home on Thursday and Im taking him out on Friday night. I havent seen him since March 18th, so it will be just about seven full weeks in the difference. We talk pretty much every day for the past couple of weeks, and seem to have gotten really close. I look forward to seeing him again, I really do, but I cant help but feel a little strange about it. Is it okay that I dont miss him? I mean, I really wish that I could see him all the time and everything, but Im not attached to him, so these seven weeks have not been difficult for me. I've just been living life as normal. I dont talk about him, except on rare occasions, because nothing about our conversations would really interest anybody else. He tells me that he talks about me to his friends up there all the time and I tend to feel a twinge of guilt about it. You probably wont hear me call him my boyfriend yet, only My Boy, or "the guy Im seeing". Trust me, its not that I want to be dating anyone else, I think he and I are really compatable and Im quite comfortable in saying that we've been planning on doing quite a lot of things together this summer. I just dont need to drop words like boyfriend around to feel validated. To me, when I hear the word boyfriend (or girlfriend), I always imagine some sort of history. Like, the people have been dating months or years and he and I dont have that yet.

I will warn you though, I think this boy is capable of completely sweeping me off of my feet, and I think that is why I am being rather reserved about the whole thing. I am not ready to jump in with both feet, not until I can spend more than two weeks in person with him at a time. Its great to hear his voice and whatnot, but that isnt dating. Sure, I can talk to him and find out facts, but you learn volumes more by experiencing someone in person. You see their mannerisms, and how they act around you and other people. Those things are what really attract you to someone, and I was really attracted to him when he was home in March. I hope I will be even more attracted to him when he's home in May.

On another note, after next weekend, Corrine is home for the summer and this makes me more excited than I can actually express properly in words. Between Rin being home, Kim not having as much school work, and myself AND Janice having early end of shift times, much fun will be had. Even just going to Tim's for beverages, or hanging out and watching movies or TV.

It was decided that when we travel to Port Hawkesbury for my brother to finish his hairdressing board exam, that we are going to keep going to Halifax afterwards and do some shopping. Old Navy, here I come!

I also learned yesterday that on June 1st(ish) my uncle (on my father's side) and seven family members are travelling from British Columbia and expect to stay here. My house is not that big. For those keeping track, that is twelve people and two dogs trying to fit in this little house. Anybody want to let me stay with them for a few days in June?


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

its all a beautiful blur

I am a twenty-seven year old Canadian girl. This is my blog.

Skin and tragedy always attract a crowd. (June 18th, 1976 by Pedro the Lion)

I feel like I'm naked in front of the crowd
Cause these words are my diary screamin' out aloud
And I know that you'll use them however you want to.
(Breathe (2am) by Anna Nalick)


Visit Twenty Something Bloggers
Drawings To Look At
Other People's Words
Things I've Said Before
Et Cetera