its all a beautiful blur











{Tuesday, April 18} I hate being poor.
So here's the deal, I have four birthdays and Mother's Day all really close together. One of those birthdays is My Boy's birthday. Here's my canundrum, I will not have a lot of money (due to having 5 events together, and having to pay for 2 cars), and we havent been together all that long, so would it be acceptable for me to just take him out to do something rather than buy him something? He's already told me that he doesnt want me to get him anything, but I cant not do anything for his birthday, you know? If anybody has any other ideas, I'll gladly welcome any suggestions, but I think that's my best option. Maybe bake him some cupcakes or something too.

Now, the other birthdays (Corrine, Janice, and my brother) Im not worried about. Actually, I think I know what Im doing for all of them, and without spending a fortune (or really, much money at all). I think Im a bit nervous about The Boy's birthday becuase we're still really new, and I guess Im still trying to impress him.


7 Comments:


Blogger eye candy said...

That's what I was thinking. He keeps stressing that I dont have to do anything for his birthday, so I figure if I bake cupcakes for him and then take him to a movie or dinner or something it'll make up for not being able to afford a real gift.

Tuesday, April 18, 2006 2:51:00 p.m.  


Blogger eye candy said...

Well, he hasnt met my family, so I wont be cooking him dinner this soon, lol, but Im glad that someone else backs me up on the "taking him out" idea. Thanks, I know for sure that its what Im gonna do :)

Tuesday, April 18, 2006 5:11:00 p.m.  


Blogger eye candy said...

And we could have sex in my car in your driveway! (Kidding!) I might take you up on that offer. Do you have a dishwasher?

I dont know if Im creative enough to come up with a witty card, but I have an idea of something else.

Tuesday, April 18, 2006 5:51:00 p.m.  


Blogger furmommy said...

I can help with the card. Which reminds me, i have to finish your card girl. You have more than earned it. :oP

Tuesday, April 18, 2006 9:18:00 p.m.  


Blogger eye candy said...

Kim, I think i'll take you up on that.

Tuesday, April 18, 2006 11:29:00 p.m.  


Blogger James said...

I would be more than happy receiving home made cupcakes*, it would mean more as more effort and thought goes into making a gift, plus, edible gifts are tops!

*i had to look up what a cupcake was, it seems we call them fairy cakes in the Uk, and i love a fairy cake!

Wednesday, April 19, 2006 8:52:00 p.m.  


Blogger eye candy said...

I knew that biscuits equaled cookies, but I did not know that fairy cakes were cupcakes (although I'd heard the term before). Interesting.

Thursday, April 20, 2006 10:49:00 a.m.  

Post a Comment

its all a beautiful blur

I am a twenty-seven year old Canadian girl. This is my blog.

Skin and tragedy always attract a crowd. (June 18th, 1976 by Pedro the Lion)

I feel like I'm naked in front of the crowd
Cause these words are my diary screamin' out aloud
And I know that you'll use them however you want to.
(Breathe (2am) by Anna Nalick)


Visit Twenty Something Bloggers
Drawings To Look At
Other People's Words
Things I've Said Before
Et Cetera