its all a beautiful blur











{Wednesday, February 15} second
I would be lying if I said that I wasnt a little bit disappointed about last night. I mean, my hopes were set so high, and then I was left rushing around with ugly hair, rushed makeup, and whatever clean that I could throw on. Rushing around like that automatically makes me pissed off, and knowing that I was late for our reservation, and that the other carload was there waiting for us made me feel horrible. It was not a great start to what I wanted to be a spectacular evening. Even at the restaurant, they had us seated in a way that you could only really talk to the people directly beside or in front of you (I was not impressed with this), and then the disappointing drinks, and slow service was not making me feel any better. I will say though, I ,in no way, blame my disappointment on anybody I was out with last night. Well, other than my brother for screwing up my hair and making me late, it wasnt anybody's fault, and I tried my damndest not to act pissy, because I wanted so badly to have a good time. And I did, dont get me wrong. I had fun last night. I was wishing I could have stayed out later, especially once I found out that I didnt have to be at work at seven like I had originally thought. Reading blogs and LiveJournals this morning though, I think Amy said it best:
Would have been nicer if there was a boy sitting at the table with me (not that Paul doesn't count... well he doesn't in this case I suppose) it would have been better but whatever. I didn't feel lonely on Valentines Day and that's all that matters.
It was very easily the best St Valentine's Day that I've had in years, and I got to spend it with some of the best people that I could ask to spend time with. It didnt matter that it was V's day and I dont have a boyfriend (although it is starting to get to me). It mattered that I was out, with people, having a better time than I ever did on V's Day with my ex.

This needs to happen more often. Even if its just going and getting hot caffinated beverages and parking at the Y some evening. Speaking of which, Corrine's home next week and we totally need to do coffee.

[EDIT] My body decided this evening that I should have a cold. So now Im seriously poor AND sick. Ugh, this week is gonna be unfun.


1 Comments:


Blogger eye candy said...

At least on Tuesday, we could give her the benefit of the doubt because the place was a little busy. The time that Janice and I went for food there it was just as slow and the place was empty! Its not worth going there for a meal, drinks and dessert, yes, but not a meal.

Thursday, February 16, 2006 6:55:00 a.m.  

Post a Comment

its all a beautiful blur

I am a twenty-seven year old Canadian girl. This is my blog.

Skin and tragedy always attract a crowd. (June 18th, 1976 by Pedro the Lion)

I feel like I'm naked in front of the crowd
Cause these words are my diary screamin' out aloud
And I know that you'll use them however you want to.
(Breathe (2am) by Anna Nalick)


Visit Twenty Something Bloggers
Drawings To Look At
Other People's Words
Things I've Said Before
Et Cetera