its all a beautiful blur











{Monday, January 23} fifth
So we have a galley style kitchen*, right, which means that the cooking area is essentially a hallway with counters and appliances on either side. I was drying and putting away dishes earlier and I was working around Emma eating flicking kibble about the kitchen whilst trying to get to the can dog food that was underneath. Yeah, funny dog. So she decides that she's finished, leaving virtually all of the kibble on or around the plate. So I stop my dishes and get down on the floor and start rolling kibble down the kitchen at her. She's loving this. What's more fun than playing with your food? I swear I only lost three underneath the stove. She's funny too, pouncing on them as they roll across the floor toward her. I tried throwing a couple at her, but she wouldnt catch them like she does with other things (I assume because they were small). We had to have done that for a good twenty minutes before she decided she was bored and went in the other room. It was probably the highlight of my day.

Cecelia from work called earlier to tell me that they handed out the shift bid papers. My senority is 26, which is still higher than it was the last time. She also said that she only counted 21 shifts on the bid beginning before noon, which means that my chances of getting a dayshift are probably slim to none. This does not please me. The bid will take place Wednesday morning and I am not going back into that building until that time. I dont need the papers before then, I'll only drive myself nuts.

I was looking forward today to watching Dead Like Me at eleven, but I am just too tired to stay up.

When I had last checked the election results on television, the Liberals had taken most of the Maritimes. Lets hope the rest of Canada had brains today.

*Not a picture of my kitchen.


2 Comments:


Blogger Christophe said...

"Lets hope the rest of Canada had brains today" - Oh well, they say the lifespan of a minority govt in Canada is only 12-18 mths!

Tuesday, January 24, 2006 6:44:00 a.m.  


Blogger eye candy said...

All we need is Harper to fuck up and then the OPP can take him out with a no-confidence vote.

Tuesday, January 24, 2006 9:17:00 a.m.  

Post a Comment

its all a beautiful blur

I am a twenty-seven year old Canadian girl. This is my blog.

Skin and tragedy always attract a crowd. (June 18th, 1976 by Pedro the Lion)

I feel like I'm naked in front of the crowd
Cause these words are my diary screamin' out aloud
And I know that you'll use them however you want to.
(Breathe (2am) by Anna Nalick)


Visit Twenty Something Bloggers
Drawings To Look At
Other People's Words
Things I've Said Before
Et Cetera