its all a beautiful blur











{Saturday, January 21} .
So at work they're fucking us over really good this time. We're having a shift bid next week. Rather than simply rank us according to seniority like the always have, they decided to stat rank us. Not all of us though. Here's where it gets unfair, they're taking the ten people with the best stats and putting them at the top of the list, according to their seniority. Then the rest of us are just ranked by seniority. Do you follow? So the person who is now first in the shift bid, would normally be number three, but because he had the best overall stats he gets to pick first. The person who gets to pick second would have been fifth or sixth in the bid. It goes like that. Now, even though there is seven people who have lower senority than I do, now ahead of me, my seniority did not go down. If they had of just ranked us according to seniority, I would have been in the twenty-first spot. Now I am twenty-eigth. I think on the last bid I was twenty-nine, so I cant really complain. Yet. We shall see once the bid actually happens and we see how screwed over I am.

There is one thing that even the supervisors dont agree with though. There is a guy who, because he is tight with the head of the contract, gets to roam around all day and not take calls. He is "tech lead" or something, but he doesnt actually do anything. Sure, he'll take people aside and go over hand-outs and whatnot (things on my contract change daily, you never know if you're coming or going), but for the most part he just walks around thinking he's important. If we get busy, he wont automatically take calls like he's supposed to. If a supervisor tells him to get on the phone, he will saunter around for five more minutes before taking one call and going back into idle. He should not be on our shift bid if he doesnt do our work. But guess what? He's not only on our bid, but he's in the top ten. Because his regular seniority isnt that great, he's only sixth on the list. Like I said, every supervisor that I've spoken to personally, does not agree with this, and that's besides the agents on the floor. The good thing is that I know this guy will take a nightshift because the people on dayshift would tear him apart. People on dayshift are bitter because the attitude from the higher-ups is "Im in charge, so fuck you". I was actually talking with the backshift supervisor when I got to work today about this and she worked dayshift with us when she was on the phone and she knows exactly why dayshift is so bitter. That said, you wont find me going for a night shift.

Also, because I know you all love hearing about my non-sex life, I am unsure how to read the situation. Kay, there's the boy at work that I like right, the one that is always flirting with me. Well, there's been the usual flirting lately, but yesterday he was walking around cuz he was doing training and I was picking on him about walking around trying to look busy. The response that I got was that he was walking past just so that he could check me out, and he added on that he loops my aisle frequently to check me out. The thing is, he does loop my aisle constantly. Like, everytime he's off the phone he's walking down my row. The only person that I sit by is Robyn and I know he's not interested in her. I dont sit in a spot that people have to pass to actually get anywhere. And even though I sit next to my supervisor, she is over the wall and in another row. So I am left wondering that even though he said what he did with a smirk on his face, should I read that much into it? And then today we were talking and he was going on about someone thinking that he and this other girl were together but they're not. It was like he was assuring me that he was single. Im in a weird place. I like this guy, and I'd go out with him, but I dont want to be reading too much into the flirting if that's all it is. Any advice?


3 Comments:


Blogger furmommy said...

ask him out for drinks?
scratch that, i forgot your a lightweight :oP
if you both have the same lunch some day, ask him to join you. if it works, try it again. If you continue to get good feedback, change it to supper on a day off. Or ask him to the movies.

thats how i got the courage. Start small.

Saturday, January 21, 2006 12:16:00 p.m.  


Blogger eye candy said...

So I take it you guys think he's interested? :P

Saturday, January 21, 2006 1:24:00 p.m.  


Blogger furmommy said...

yes i do.

Saturday, January 21, 2006 1:40:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

its all a beautiful blur

I am a twenty-seven year old Canadian girl. This is my blog.

Skin and tragedy always attract a crowd. (June 18th, 1976 by Pedro the Lion)

I feel like I'm naked in front of the crowd
Cause these words are my diary screamin' out aloud
And I know that you'll use them however you want to.
(Breathe (2am) by Anna Nalick)


Visit Twenty Something Bloggers
Drawings To Look At
Other People's Words
Things I've Said Before
Et Cetera