its all a beautiful blur











{Monday, January 16} 06.01.16
Even though I got VTO today and came home early, I decided not to go to dinner because I was going to stay home and get a head start on prepping my room for painting on Tuesday. If you know me as well as you should, then you know that this meant I spent the evening napping. I woke up at 9pm and saw the little stuffed dog I bought yesterday suspiciously lying in the middle of my floor. I picked it up and the head was all full of the slobber and missing an eye. I knew who had done this, as evidenced by the tufts of black fur now all over my floor. Well, that and the little brown dog is not destructive. As you can imagine, I was annoyed. So much for leaving my door open so they dont get lonely when we're home alone.

Also, I missed Grey's Anatomy.

Another thing that bothered me was that she was able to trot downstairs and come into my room without me hearing her. I didnt have my earplugs in, and they always nose at me to see if Im awake (I was facing the wall). I am not a heavy sleeper without my earplugs. I am not usually a heavy sleeper with my earplugs either, for that matter, but without earplugs I hear everything and cannot fall asleep at all. It could be because when I nap, my head is at the foot of the bed, therefore making it different, but I cant really explain it. And all of the lights were on! I need complete darkness to really sleep. Maybe I was just really tired.

I havent eaten anything in twelve hours.


5 Comments:


Blogger James said...

I also have to have total darkness to sleep, I cant stand the small glow of the digital displays on VCRs, alarm clocks, etc. so I go through the ritual of covering them up every night. I cant even stand LED’s, even though they make no difference to the brightness of the room, it bugs me so much just knowing that there is this small point of light in my room and have to be turned off, or at least covered.

Tuesday, January 17, 2006 10:33:00 a.m.  


Blogger eye candy said...

I do exactly that as well. Although my clock has red digits, so it is dull enough to not bother me.

Tuesday, January 17, 2006 12:09:00 p.m.  


Blogger James said...

My alarm clock is the worst, the digits are black against a bright green background, it literally lights up the whole of my bedside table. And my electric toothbrush, well, the flashing light on it means its like having a mini lighthouse in your room.

Wednesday, January 18, 2006 10:45:00 a.m.  


Blogger eye candy said...

I have never heard of a clock like that. I have only ever seen digital clocks with black backgrounds and colored digits. I probably wouldnt be able to keep that type of a clock in my room.

If I dont put something over the lights on my computer, they light up my room as if the spotlights are on outside my window. Also, I have to cover the thing on the power cord (I dont know what its for but it has a green LED) because it does the same thing. Quite annoying.

Do you mind if I ask why you keep your toothbrush in your bedroom? I cant use electric toothbrushes because they dont clean my wisdom teeth properly. There isnt enough room to fit the head of the brush inside my cheek where those teeth are, and I've gotten infections before from them not being cleaned properly, so I have to stick with regular toothbrushes.

Wednesday, January 18, 2006 10:54:00 a.m.  


Blogger James said...

I keep my toothbrush in my bedroom as both my toothbrush and phone charger have a two prong plug instead in the standard three prongs, and at the moment I only have one converter. Its either keep my phone in the bathroom or toothbrush in my bedroom.

The toothbrush I have is pretty cool, its one those fancy Philips SonicCare's. Its weird though, the head hardly moves and doesn’t actually scrub your teeth. The first time I used it I thought no way is this cleaning my teeth, im just moving a very soft brush slowly around my mouth, but your teeth really do feel a lot cleaner after. The head is similar but smaller than a regular toothbrush, so if you would prefer to use an electric one it might be worth a look.

Wednesday, January 18, 2006 11:50:00 a.m.  

Post a Comment

its all a beautiful blur

I am a twenty-seven year old Canadian girl. This is my blog.

Skin and tragedy always attract a crowd. (June 18th, 1976 by Pedro the Lion)

I feel like I'm naked in front of the crowd
Cause these words are my diary screamin' out aloud
And I know that you'll use them however you want to.
(Breathe (2am) by Anna Nalick)


Visit Twenty Something Bloggers
Drawings To Look At
Other People's Words
Things I've Said Before
Et Cetera