its all a beautiful blur











{Thursday, January 12} 06.01.12 x3
I mentioned the other day that it was the ten year anniversary of my uncle Peter's death. He died of leukemia, after only suffering for about four weeks. At the same time, neighbours of mine, Art and his wife Mary both were fighting cancer. I cannot recall what exact cancer Mary had, but I know Art had leukemia like my uncle, only Peter had two types of acute leukemia whereas Art only had one type. I dont know if things have changed much, but ten years ago, having two types of acute leukemia was a death sentence. Anyway, Mary's cancer was cleared up with chemotherapy and she has been healthy since. On the day of my uncle's death Art recieved a bone marrow transplant. They say new bone marrow only gives you another ten years.

Today I went up to the ER to see if there was anything that could be done to hurry my voice along. The nice doctor (very attractive, I might add) assured me that I have already been treated (the antibiotics I had two weeks ago) and now its just a waiting game. He told me to drink lots of fluids, and other than that Im stuck with lozenges.

On my way out I passed my neighbour Mary, and her sister Fran on their way in to visit Art. Art has been hospitalized for the past couple of weeks. I had been told that he wouldnt be going home this time. Anyway, Mary saw me and said "Hi Jenna, how are you doing?" and I replied back with my usual "Not bad, how are you?" and cringed internally because I knew her dying husband was upstairs, but she laughed and said "Well, obviously Im doing better than you are" in reference to the voice that I dont have. That was earlier. When my brother was hauling groceries in earlier Karla called him and told him that there was going to be a funeral. Art died tonight. I dont believe that it was expected to have happened tonight, the way Mary was talking to me earlier. But, of course, people handle things differently. Obviously I have been saddened this evening.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

its all a beautiful blur

I am a twenty-seven year old Canadian girl. This is my blog.

Skin and tragedy always attract a crowd. (June 18th, 1976 by Pedro the Lion)

I feel like I'm naked in front of the crowd
Cause these words are my diary screamin' out aloud
And I know that you'll use them however you want to.
(Breathe (2am) by Anna Nalick)


Visit Twenty Something Bloggers
Drawings To Look At
Other People's Words
Things I've Said Before
Et Cetera