its all a beautiful blur











{Tuesday, January 10} 06.01.10
Emma
Emma,
originally uploaded by bloody kisses.
Before I even got dressed today I had my bedsheets off the bed and into the washer. I believe this was to make up for not doing anything yesterday. When I got home from Curves I got started on the gutting of my bedroom. I did pretty well, if I do say so myself. I filled three garbage bags with mostly stuff from underneath my desk and aquarium. Things like old magazines and birthday cards that I'll never look at again. I realize this makes me sound like a hoarder, which really Im not. Im just too lazy to do thorough cleanings all that often. I had planned on cleaning out underneath my bed today, before I put the bedclothes back on, but I ran out of garbage bags. That, and I wanted to shower. I will save the vacuuming until tomorrow. I was also going to wipe down the walls tomorrow, but I think I'll save that until Monday. I dont plan on moving my dresser or my aquarium unless Im going to leave them out to paint, and a week is too long to go with those two things out in the middle of the room. I figure on Monday I'll get Paul to help me move them (the rest of the furniture I can move myself) and get all the taping done on that day as well. Painting shall commence on Tuesday if everything goes as planned.

Janice put it best yesterday when she said "Your life has changed, its time you change your room." Most of the things on my walls are not going back up. I started today taking things down and throwing out some things. The Peanuts stickers that you see in the photo on the right, they're not going back up. Dont worry, Im saving them (me throw out something Peanuts? I dont think so). I think Im going to keep my Happy Bunny poster up, but Im going to move out to where I currently have the daisy picture. The daisy is going to go above my dresser, and the picture that is there is going away. The picture that Maria painted when I was a baby is going to go above my bed where the Happy Bunny poster currently is, and the fairy picture will replace that one. The only thing staying the same will be the foil butterfly balloon that's up on the wall above the Peanuts characters.

I also plan on getting new bedclothes. Janice is going to order me one of the really nice blankets from work if she can. I dont know if Im going to use that as my spread, or just as a throw. I might look elsewhere for a nice spread. I've been told to get flannel sheets, though. Mom got them and she said they're not too warm (and Mom is one who minds the heat), and really comfy. I need new sheets anyway.

I realized that my uncle Peter, who redid our basement so that I could have my own bedroom, died ten years ago today. Its kind of ironic that Im choosing now to redo the whole thing.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

its all a beautiful blur

I am a twenty-seven year old Canadian girl. This is my blog.

Skin and tragedy always attract a crowd. (June 18th, 1976 by Pedro the Lion)

I feel like I'm naked in front of the crowd
Cause these words are my diary screamin' out aloud
And I know that you'll use them however you want to.
(Breathe (2am) by Anna Nalick)


Visit Twenty Something Bloggers
Drawings To Look At
Other People's Words
Things I've Said Before
Et Cetera