its all a beautiful blur











{Friday, December 23} 05.12.23
One more sleep and then presents!

After I was talking to Kim online yesterday afternoon I crashed and slept for two hours. At that moment, my mother arrived home and baking commenced. My allotted task was to grate twenty-four blocks of bakers chocolate. My right arm was killing me! Multiply four blocks per pan of squares by six pans of squares and that equals a very sore right arm. All the baking is now done though, I think the last pans came out of the oven at ten, or half past (it was late at that point and I wasnt keeping track). Im glad its done and over with. The trade off is tonight. Food!

Janice got out of work early, and stopped in while I was grating (she was hiding from people who didnt need to know she got home early, my house is a fine place to do that), and I got to share my wonderful news that I will be off New Year's Eve and New Year's Day, and guess what? So is she! This is very exciting. It meant that we could finally lay some sort of concrete plans for that evening. ~*~[begin transmit]: So Janice suggested a start time of maybe sevenish (or arrive between seven and eight is fine), so that Jason could partake in a little of the festivities before he goes to work. She is making a dip. I think Im making a meat and cheese tray (think). I have to let Susan know to make/bring something. Psst.. Kim makes good cookies. Also, if anyone else wants to provide foodstuffs for the evening we will eat it. Also, we were discussing the drink situation, whereas rather than everybody bringing their own, we go splits on a few mixes and some vodka. I had mentioned it around and nobody had objected, so if anybody has any objections, let me know. Janice is still planning on going to the bar just before the countdown so that she can be with Jason. So, if there's any suggestions or anything, let me (or Janice) know :) [end transmit]~*~

Anyway, we were being all girly and discussing what were going to be wearing. We're both dressing up jeans (new jeans of course), and we've figured out what Im going to do to Janice's nails. I know what I want to do to my nails, but they're too short :(. I think I'll be going down to Janice's before the party and flat ironing her hair, because Paul will be working Friday night and then Saturday until 7pm. Also, Paul might be coming out with us, he doesnt know yet. If his friends are going to the gay dance then he'll go with them, but if they're not doing anything in particular he'll be coming with us. That's perfectly fine. It would mean that if I had to get a cab home it wouldnt be by myself. Bonus.

Janice stayed until half past eleven cuz Paul was doing her eyebrows, and then my eyebrows, and then our toes ;) Im tired today though. Its a good thing we're over an hour between calls.

PS I still owe Kim a Rice Krispie snowman!


3 Comments:


Blogger furmommy said...

so i guess its sugar cookies from me. As its been hinted at. lol. But yeah ill make the sugar cookies for new years.

So dress up is jeans/nice top (so not too dressy but look nice and be comfortable) i can definately deal with that.

as for the bar. I may need some help convincing chris to go to the bar for the countdown, so ill be enlisting the help of you and janice to help convince him. he has to work the next day so he may just go home after the countdown and ill stick around, i dont know yet.

Friday, December 23, 2005 3:31:00 p.m.  


Blogger eye candy said...

Well, you dont have to make cookies, but your cookies do rock!

Yeah, we're not getting overly dressy. "Bar dressy" as Janice put it last night. I'd say, as a collective, we're going to look hot.

Work on New Year's day sucks. I did it last year, hungover. I'll do my best to try and convince him with you to hang out until at least after the countdown. If he needs to get to bed after that, I understand, work sucks :(

Friday, December 23, 2005 4:00:00 p.m.  


Blogger furmommy said...

oh i dont mind making the sugar cookies, at all. I found it funny to read is all.

yes we will be hot!

Friday, December 23, 2005 5:26:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

its all a beautiful blur

I am a twenty-seven year old Canadian girl. This is my blog.

Skin and tragedy always attract a crowd. (June 18th, 1976 by Pedro the Lion)

I feel like I'm naked in front of the crowd
Cause these words are my diary screamin' out aloud
And I know that you'll use them however you want to.
(Breathe (2am) by Anna Nalick)


Visit Twenty Something Bloggers
Drawings To Look At
Other People's Words
Things I've Said Before
Et Cetera