its all a beautiful blur











{Friday, December 23} 05.12.23 x3
The Great Christmas War of 2005 has already begun.

Its just about eleven at night. Im just getting home from my aunt's with Mother and the rest where they trade baked goods. I had told her that I needed to be home early because I have to get up at half past five for work. She assured me that we'd be home by ten. Yeh. So I pull in the driveway and she informs me that she expects me to attend mass with her tomorrow afternoon. If I didnt know better I would have swore she had been drinking. So I ask her how she's going to expect me to get up at half past five for work, go to work for five hours, spend the afternoon helping her make hors d'oeuvres, go to mass, come home and get ready to go out for the evening? Not only that, but after we get home (which will be around eleven if we're lucky) we have to come home and open gifts because my brother is working on Sunday. When does this leave me time to nap? As it is I now have to start doing laundry because I was gone all day and couldnt do it. I havent had any sleep the past two nights, and Im expected to skip my nap tomorrow to make her feel better. Mass is at four, but we're going to have to leave at three because it will be packed with people who dont normally go to church, its going to be at least an hour. I cant even be sure it wont be more than that because I havent been to mass since Fr. Neville left here and that was a good three years ago. I couldnt tell you the names of the current priests, to be honest. This is all besides the fact that I dont believe it anymore. So Im going to be there until at least five, which means that it'll be half past by the time that they all chat afterwards and she drops everyone off. Kay, so we have to be at my uncle Freddie's for sevenish, when the hell am I going to get to nap? Im going to need at least forty-five minutes to get ready. And then she'll be pissy if Im cranky by the end of the night. Ohmigosh that woman drives me insane sometimes.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

its all a beautiful blur

I am a twenty-seven year old Canadian girl. This is my blog.

Skin and tragedy always attract a crowd. (June 18th, 1976 by Pedro the Lion)

I feel like I'm naked in front of the crowd
Cause these words are my diary screamin' out aloud
And I know that you'll use them however you want to.
(Breathe (2am) by Anna Nalick)


Visit Twenty Something Bloggers
Drawings To Look At
Other People's Words
Things I've Said Before
Et Cetera