its all a beautiful blur











{Sunday, December 18} 05.12.18
I'll start off with the good things. I have a good portion of the decorating done. I need to put a few things up in the kitchen, and the lights in the windows and that's it. Mom and I even went and bought a tree last night. Its sitting out on the front step and Im hoping that it'll at least be up in the stand tonight and I can decorate that tomorrow.

I was getting dressed this morning and while doing the obligatory checking-myself-out-in-the-mirror I noticed that even though I still have a belly, I've lost weight on my abdomin under my breasts. It makes my breasts look bigger, gives more definition. Also, I've been noticing that my hips arent as lumpy. This is a very good thing. The only complaint that I have about starting to exercise is that it seems like all I do is eat! Not only that, but Im always craving chocolate. Not just any chocolate, but Toblerone bars specifically. Its really weird because I dont normally have a sweet tooth, I prefer salty snacks. Or, for the last few months, no snacks at all. I've gone through almost an entire package of Chips Ahoy! cookies by myself over the course of the last week. Somebody make it stop!

And moving on to the whiney part. As much as Im trying to let it not happen, the stress is starting to get to me. I mean, I shouldnt be stressing, my shopping is done (and wrapped!) and the decorating is almost finished. Part of the problem is probably that I go from work to home to bed, and that's about it. But I know Im having a hard time because at home, Im the one expected to keep the house spotless while everyone else goes about their business. My brother is hardly ever home. My mother gets home from work and sits in her chair and complains how tired she is (cuz, you know, I dont get tired). My father? Well...

When my father isnt at work or asleep, he is sitting in front of his computer. He does nothing around the house. He does no housework except the odd time he might vacuum (around the mess!) or wash the dishes and leave them there for me to dry and put away. He cant even be bothered to pick up after himself. He walks in the house and doesnt bother to take his shoes off at the door, he taks them off at his computer and leaves them there in the room. If he cooks, or makes food, he leaves the mess in the kitchen behind him for someone else to clean up. Oh, and any dishes he uses, I get to take back into the kitchen to put in the sink. I am constantly going and cleaning the counters after him. Ask him to do something, and if he bothers to do it, its only half-arsed. He expects supper to be made for him when he gets up to get ready for work (backshift). Obviously Im bitter about the whole thing, and refuse to get up and spend the afternoon cleaning around him. He is a grown man afterall. If Im not at work, I busy myself in my room until he's gone to bed and then I get up and get done what I need to get done.

That's just in the house. He thinks that he has full access to my car when Im not at work. He doesnt lock the doors, after I've repetedly told him that I want the car doors locked always. He continues to park it close to the house even though I've stressed that the dog has already scratched the paint, and to park it on the other side. He doesent care, its not his problem. And there's not even any point in saying anything to him because he'll just get sooky and whiney. Im not exaggerating when I say that I really have no use for this man.

I think I feel better now that I've gotten that out.


1 Comments:


Blogger furmommy said...

bah humbug to parents!

Sunday, December 18, 2005 12:40:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

its all a beautiful blur

I am a twenty-seven year old Canadian girl. This is my blog.

Skin and tragedy always attract a crowd. (June 18th, 1976 by Pedro the Lion)

I feel like I'm naked in front of the crowd
Cause these words are my diary screamin' out aloud
And I know that you'll use them however you want to.
(Breathe (2am) by Anna Nalick)


Visit Twenty Something Bloggers
Drawings To Look At
Other People's Words
Things I've Said Before
Et Cetera