its all a beautiful blur











{Tuesday, December 13} 05.12.13
I think that Im very unphotogenic. I see photos of me and I cringe and think "Is THAT how other people see me?". Im uncomfortable getting my photo taken. I avoid it like the plague. Well, most times. I can take my own pictures using the desktop's webcam, and I might like a handful of the snapshots out of the dozens that I take. Im probably coming off like I think that Im ugly. I dont think that Im ugly. I've always thought of myself as fat, but never ugly. I dont like to look at myself in photographs, but I like to look at myself in the mirror. I cant pass a mirror without looking at myself. If I can, I'll stop and fix my hair, or adjust my clothes, or turn around and check out my ass. I look at myself in the mirror and think I look great. I can make myself look absolutely beautiful in my own eyes. Or, at least, convince myself that I am. The weird thing though, is lately I look in the mirror and actually like what I see below my neck. I doubt I've been working out long enough for it to have really made a difference, but in my head I see one. I see a flatter tummy that looks better in clothes. I think my ass looks even better in the pants that I own. It doesnt bother me that I have large thighs. Or small breasts. Or that Im short. I've got more confidence now to wear things that I wouldnt have worn before. And I have this confidence without a having a guy sweet talking me. I like this. I really like this. I might still be overweight, but I dont feel insufficient anymore. The best part about this is that I dont need to be with someone to feel like this. And I love the fact that I know I dont need to be with someone to have confidence in myself. I love who I am right now. I love the people in my life right now. Im single and Im happier with myself than I ever have been. I cant believe this turned into a gush-fest. If Im coming off as being vain, that's alright, Im selfish too.


1 Comments:


Blogger furmommy said...

im the same way. I hate how i look in pictures except for maybe a handful even though i think i look good in person.

Im a mirror whore. I look at myself in the mirror all the time. I think it came with the confidence that i slowly gained after i graduated. I made peace with myself. I accepted what i couldnt change and changed what needed to change.

Wednesday, December 14, 2005 12:08:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

its all a beautiful blur

I am a twenty-seven year old Canadian girl. This is my blog.

Skin and tragedy always attract a crowd. (June 18th, 1976 by Pedro the Lion)

I feel like I'm naked in front of the crowd
Cause these words are my diary screamin' out aloud
And I know that you'll use them however you want to.
(Breathe (2am) by Anna Nalick)


Visit Twenty Something Bloggers
Drawings To Look At
Other People's Words
Things I've Said Before
Et Cetera