its all a beautiful blur











{Friday, December 2} 05.12.02
I got up fifteen minutes earlier than normal today so that I can diffuse my hair. It didnt get so much curly as it got large. I still had to pin the sides back because they just looked stringy. Maybe I didnt do it right. Maybe I need product other than Bouncy Cream. I need to look into that.

I got paid today and officially Im "broke" already. Technically, no, but I need to go shopping and get dressy something to wear to school with Paul on Tuesday (its his mock provincial exam). I know I can make it work with the money I have, but its just a pain in the ass knowing that I dont get paid again for another two weeks and have no extra money whatsoever. I really have to call my lawyer on Monday. I need someone to brush me off!

My supervisor is putting in a request to get me an ergonomic assessment so they can do up my workstation as to avoid causing me pain. This is a good thing. I gave her the note that my doctor scribbled about getting me gel support for both mouse and keyboard. We'll see how long that'll take them to do. I should get a proper chair too, but I dont mind hauling my ObusForme in with me when I have to.

At the time I went to break there were no calls waiting, and there was time between calls. Now there's four calls waiting. I hold this place together.


5 Comments:


Blogger James said...

You wouldnt believe how much I want to say “I really have to call my lawyer” in conversation.

Where I work we have gel support for both keyboards and mice, although I don’t use the keyboard gel, for me its more of a hindrance than a help, it kinda positions my wrists too high for the keyboard. It took me a while to feel totally comfortable with the mouse gel, but now I wouldnt do without it, my wrist doesn’t ache at all now.

Friday, December 02, 2005 11:25:00 a.m.  


Blogger eye candy said...

The phrase "I have to call my lawyer" sounds very self important I think, lol.

The keyboard that we have for our old desktop PC here at home has its own wrist support, so I can very easily adjust for that at work. At home, though, I use my laptop, so my wrists are supported but I've noticed my fingertips getting very sore if I type for any length of time. Also, Im not used to using a mouse at home, just my touchpad, so the mouse at work is very much an annoyance.

Friday, December 02, 2005 5:11:00 p.m.  


Blogger James said...

I agree, it does sound self important, wouldn’t stop me from saying though :)

The touch pad is the main reason why I haven’t got a laptop, I just cant get used to them, they're too small and fiddly. Also, I had to use a laptop at work for a little while and it got really hot, especially in the area where you rest your wrists. But I would still like one, I hate using my computer at home and sitting in almost the exact same position as I do at work, I just wanna relax laid out on my bed.

Monday, December 05, 2005 7:14:00 a.m.  


Blogger eye candy said...

My laptop doesnt get all that hot, even when sitting directly on my lap. I know older laptops used to get really hot, but I dont think the newer ones get quite as hot. Plus, its not recommended that men use laptops directly on their laps for fear of cooking the spermies ;)

Monday, December 05, 2005 9:19:00 a.m.  


Blogger James said...

lol, so fiddly touch pads would be the least of my worries. Still, with mobile phones, TV (lots of TV *sigh*), computers, etc. I wouldnt be surprised if i’m completely sterile already!

Monday, December 05, 2005 10:22:00 a.m.  

Post a Comment

its all a beautiful blur

I am a twenty-seven year old Canadian girl. This is my blog.

Skin and tragedy always attract a crowd. (June 18th, 1976 by Pedro the Lion)

I feel like I'm naked in front of the crowd
Cause these words are my diary screamin' out aloud
And I know that you'll use them however you want to.
(Breathe (2am) by Anna Nalick)


Visit Twenty Something Bloggers
Drawings To Look At
Other People's Words
Things I've Said Before
Et Cetera