its all a beautiful blur











{Thursday, October 27} 05.10.27 x3
So I had run into Sydney because I was going to get stuff to bake cookies tomorrow night for the party on Saturday. When I was in the grocery store I realized the error of my ways. My internal monologue went something like Get a grip Jenna, bake something you know you cant screw up. Prepackaged cakemix and a can of icing it is. I plan on getting creative and attempting to draw jack-o-lantern faces on them. Lets see how far that goes.

...

At my house, we have our regular phone number, and a second phone number on the same line (different ringtone). The problem with having the second number is that it is listed in the phone book under someone else's name and address. You can imagine how annoying this gets. I come home today and the phone is ringing my ring (nobody ever calls me so this is weird) and I pick it up and get "ISSAT YOU MARY?" shouted in my ear. Obviously Im not Mary, and I politely reply "No, Im sorry, you have the wrong number" and the deaf old lady hangs up. Ten minutes later the phone rings again. I pick it up again, ready this time.

ISSAT YOU MARY?
No, ma'am you have the wrong number.
OH, THIS IS WHAT NUMBER IS FOR MARY IN THE PHONE BOOK
I know, they have it wrong in the book.
DO YOU LIVE ON *this* STREET?
No, I do not, and I dont know Mary's number.
OKAY SORRY BYE

Yes, we've called the phone company and requested they update the phone book. And no they have not.

...

And Im rather annoyed at having to spend the night sitting in waiting for my brother to get home.


2 Comments:


Blogger Squirk said...

Man you should just mess with them.

My friend kept getting calls for Rideline (the bus information service) and got sick of telling people that they'd dialled the wrong number only to be yelled at and asked for bus times or something. So then he started just making up bus information.

"Yeah, OK, the next bus for you is the Number 211 at 3.15 and 3.30."

Bad karma I'm sure, but hilarious for bystanders.

Friday, October 28, 2005 8:24:00 a.m.  


Blogger eye candy said...

Oh if they were calling looking for a business or something I totally would. Normally we dont get that many calls for her, except for the time that her cat apparently had kittens. We stopped answering the phone that day.

Friday, October 28, 2005 6:56:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

its all a beautiful blur

I am a twenty-seven year old Canadian girl. This is my blog.

Skin and tragedy always attract a crowd. (June 18th, 1976 by Pedro the Lion)

I feel like I'm naked in front of the crowd
Cause these words are my diary screamin' out aloud
And I know that you'll use them however you want to.
(Breathe (2am) by Anna Nalick)


Visit Twenty Something Bloggers
Drawings To Look At
Other People's Words
Things I've Said Before
Et Cetera