its all a beautiful blur











{Saturday, October 22} 05.10.22
Well, I didnt go "out" because nobody had called me. No worries though, I went for supper with Mum and Paul. I had come in late from work and Paul was looking to go somewhere to eat, so I offered to go to Boston Pizza if he did my hair. The last time I ate at Boston Pizza was a year and a half ago in Dartmouth. I had not eaten at the local one since they built it in the summer, and I wanted to try it. (Oh, and we're totally "eating out" snobs.) Anyway I had wanted him to do my hair because I bought this new product to make my hair all messy and I had had my hair up all day and wanted something done with it (I'll get to that later).

So we go to Boston Pizza and the place is packed. We sat and waited for ten or fifteen minutes for a table, which we totally didnt mind. We like to people watch anyway (this means Paul and I criticizing what other people wear and do with their hair). Then we get seated. The server came over and I heard "Hi, my name is Spike and I'll be your waiter for the evening" and near broke my neck to check and see if the guy's name was actually Spike. It was not, his name was Blake, but he was going to be Spike for the rest of the evening. (For those wondering, he was alright looking, but gay so it didnt matter.) So we order our drinks while we're looking over the menu, and my brother points out the obvious: he always gets pasta, I get chicken, and Mum gets a sandwich. When we were actually ordering, he got pasta (fettucini in white wine sauce with scallops and shrimp), I get chicken (chicken parmeagan with garlic mashed potatoes), and Mum was going to order ribs. They didnt have ribs so she had to order the beef dip sandwich. She was not pleased with them not having any ribs left, and even though she let poor Spike know it, she didnt make a scene or get us kicked out. Phew.

While we were waiting for our food, one of the servers walked by and she had her hair up in a messy ponytail and I turn to my brother and say "I hate having perfect hair" and send him into a fit of giggles. He wasnt just laughing at the statement, he was laughing because it was true, my hair doesnt get messy, its too straight. I hate it! I had to go out and spend $10 on product to make it messy when other girls are lucky enough to have it be like that naturally! When I was in buying my product, I was telling Joann (the girl at the store) that I was looking for something to make it messy because it "just does this" and she laughed and said "People are always trying to get their hair to be like that, and you hate it". I know, I know, Im weird, but the grass is always greener and whatnot.

Also, while we were waiting for our food, Paul was flipping through the drink menu and they have some of the best looking cocktails that I've seen anywhere around here! He turned to me and said "Um, we so have to come here for drinks and dessert some night". Always up for that, I am, so I agreed. They make martinis! And fancy slush! It was exciting. Sometime in November, Im going to plan a Drinks & Dessert evening out.

So, finally we get our food. Now, I swear that my meal was supposed to come with a starter salad according to the menu, but it didnt. Mum said that I should have asked, but I didnt want to. The meal was disappointing to look at, it was the potatoes, chicken, and a piece of garlic toast. Nary a vegetable, I was a tad disappointed. The food was really good though. Im not a potato connasseur, so I wont talk about that, but the chicken was delicious. It actually filled me more than I thought it would. Mum and Paul enjoyed their dinners also.

I had finished my glass of pop before I actually got my food and put my glass to the side of the table. We were talking and wondering if refills here were free and I made a comment about "Spike" and Mum said something along the lines of "They didnt have any ribs, they better be giving me a free refill" and then Spike comes from behind me and sort of slams down another drink in front of me. I dont know if he meant to slam it down, or if he just kind of did that as he was walking by quickly. We laughed though, joking that he slammed it down because he didnt like me calling him Spike. Once Mum and Paul finished their drinks, they put the empties at the edge of the table by me as well, and Spike came by and picked up the emptys and came back with three new drinks. This was while I still had my second one mostly full in front of me. So that's three glasses of pop that Im supposed to drink.

We finish eating and we were debating dessert. The restaurant didnt have dessert menus on the tables, so when he asked if we were having anything else, I asked for the menu to look over (Paul was glad, he was curious too). Their dessert menu consists of maybe eight desserts, but they look really really good. We ended up getting the slice of Rolo ice cream cake to split between the three of us. The thing was about the size of my head. I could not have eaten the entire thing if I had have gone in there starving, let alone after eating a meal. It was a good thing that we decided to share it anyway. How did it taste? It was to die for, no exaggeration. At this point, Paul and I had decided that we are most definately coming again for D&D, it didnt matter how we got there.

So, for those keeping track, that was three drinks, three entrees, and one dessert. How much did it come to? $60.82. The entrees were expensive, so were the drinks. The dessert was only $5.99, and for the size of it, it was well worth it. We were pricing the alcoholic drinks, and they were around $5 and $6 per drink which is not a whole lot more expensive than what you'd pay in a bar, anyway. So Paul and I figured to get a group to go in for D&D and split one or two desserts and have a drink or two and it wouldnt be too expensive. A decent night out. November.

Anyway, back to my hair. I had done my hair up in twists for work because I was too lazy to blowdry it, so when I came home and took it out it had a bit of a curl to it. Paul used my product to define the curl a little better and give it some volume. Also, he used his foiling comb to backcomb my hair, therefore giving it even more lift. It didnt look bad at all, actually it looked pretty good on me. Totally bar hair. I would like to do it again from washed, rather than worn all day, I think it would look much better. Tomorrow it is going to look like a rat's nest, and its going to be hell to wash, but such is the price to pay for looking cute. That was sarcasm. I even wore *gasp* makeup, which is a rare occurance nowadays, since I've totally let myself go.


3 Comments:


Blogger eye candy said...

I love Jack Astors! I've never had their dessert though.

Sunday, October 23, 2005 12:03:00 p.m.  


Blogger furmommy said...

so you didnt get called either? Sue said she was gonna steal me away from studying on saturday when we were at janices on thursday but she never called. I waited but heard nothing. At first i thought yous went without me. But yous didnt.

Sunday, October 23, 2005 6:20:00 p.m.  


Blogger eye candy said...

Dont worry about not callin, the evening ended up being rather amusing as it was.

Once November rolls around we'll have to get together and plan a D&D night for sure!

Wednesday, October 26, 2005 9:13:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

its all a beautiful blur

I am a twenty-seven year old Canadian girl. This is my blog.

Skin and tragedy always attract a crowd. (June 18th, 1976 by Pedro the Lion)

I feel like I'm naked in front of the crowd
Cause these words are my diary screamin' out aloud
And I know that you'll use them however you want to.
(Breathe (2am) by Anna Nalick)


Visit Twenty Something Bloggers
Drawings To Look At
Other People's Words
Things I've Said Before
Et Cetera