its all a beautiful blur











{Sunday, September 18} 05.09.18 x2
My end of shift every night is 9:30pm. Tonight, I got out of there at 9:50pm. I took my last call at 8:30pm. Do that math, my last call lasted me an hour and twenty minutes. Oh. My. Gawd. I cant really complain though, Ms. M was a total sweetheart and we laughed and giggled through the entire call. I was some tired at the end of the day though, really I was. We were really busy again today. The only time that there was any real time between calls was (naturally) when I was signed off for lunch. At least it was day two of three, and then Im off on Tuesday to sit home and do nothing. Although I might take a hint from Amy and clean out one of my closets, or at least the top of my dresser and nightstand.

They're supposed to be starting a hew-hire class for our contract at work tomorrow. We desperately need it. My brother keeps suggesting that I see if they'll move me to the contract that he's on. My contract puts more value on the *sucking up to the customer* part of it, rather than the *getting them fixed*, where his contract is actual technical support. I miss actual technical support. I need to be on a contract like that, where we deal with programs and OS's and shit. Im getting mighty tired of internet technical support. Oh, and Paul threw out the idea that we go splits on a Mac mini, you know, to have. (Oh, and in case anybody was wondering, we're both very familiar with using Apple computers, its not a purchase we'd make cuz it was pretty.)

Anyway, my point about the new-hire class was with that would come a shift bid sometime within the next two or three weeks. That would mean a dayshift for me, yay! I really hate working 10:30am-9:30pm. I would much rather have to get up to be at work for 8:00am, than have to work late into the night. Of course, I would still want at least Fridays off, I tend to like my weekends :)

But, its been a long day, Im off to bed.


11 Comments:


Blogger furmommy said...

the more i look at the ipods, the more i want one. The only reason i post this is because you now have me looking at the apple site

But i dont want a normal ipod i want this one:

http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebObjects/AppleStore.woa/73104/wo/I46jROB3Jons2xZ8qUC1W24BGfv/5.0.15.1.0.6.25.7.11.1.1

i dont want the audio books but i want that ipod so bad. This is what im asking my parents to get me for either christmas or my birthday.

Monday, September 19, 2005 3:28:00 a.m.  


Blogger Marcus said...

Apply at EDS.. Tech Support for Sun Microsystems.. Tier 2

If you want the email address let me know ok???

Monday, September 19, 2005 11:27:00 p.m.  


Blogger James said...

I would like one of those new ipod nanos. 4gb is just about right for me, I would never fill a 20gb ipod, not even if I tried.

Tuesday, September 20, 2005 5:41:00 a.m.  


Blogger eye candy said...

Kim: What iPod was that? The link expired before I could check it. Personally I want the iPod mini that comes in pink, and of course, I would get my name engraved on it.

Ratpouch: I dont even have enough mp3s on my computer to fill 4GB yet, so I agree with you that 20GB would be way too much. The iPod minis come in 4GB and because I can get one in pink I'd probably hafta go that route. I would be leery on getting a Nano, only because Im afraid I'd lose it, or break it. I think I'd actually have to hold one to get a feel for whether or not I'd purchase one.

Marcus: I dont want to quit Stream to go to another call center. I was talking to a girl from HR when I was on first floor visiting my brother and she told me to wait for when Dell comes.

Tuesday, September 20, 2005 12:24:00 p.m.  


Blogger furmommy said...

it was the hogwarts one
it comes with all the harry potter books on audio book. But i dont want to books. On the back where my name would be is the hogwarts crest.

But my heart belongs to the pink mini ipod. I dont need any more room than that. i have more songs than it holds but i still dont need that much room.

Tuesday, September 20, 2005 5:05:00 p.m.  


Blogger eye candy said...

I didnt even see that one there! The only nifty one that I saw was the U2 one and I didnt think that one was all that special. How much is the Harry Potter one compared to others? I would imagine that with the audio books it would be a little bit more pricey, no?

I really think that I need a pink mini iPod.

Wednesday, September 21, 2005 12:36:00 a.m.  


Blogger Marcus said...

Yeah it is another call center, but it seems to be run a bit better and there are a lot of former Sream people there. Bob Gillis is in my training class..

I like this new comment layout more :)

Wednesday, September 21, 2005 12:41:00 a.m.  


Blogger James said...

Apparently the ipod nano is the replacement model for the mini ipod. So if you get a mini ipod now, then in a few months you’ll be kickin it old skool with your retro ipod.

Wednesday, September 21, 2005 6:39:00 a.m.  


Blogger eye candy said...

I do so love to kick it old skool!

I need to get me an iPod mini NOW.

Wednesday, September 21, 2005 11:40:00 a.m.  


Blogger furmommy said...

i dont care what type of ipod i have as long as its pink
though kicking it old skool would be pretty cool

Thursday, September 22, 2005 5:36:00 p.m.  


Blogger eye candy said...

I think the minis are the only ones that you can get in pink. I think, dont quote me though.

Thursday, September 22, 2005 5:43:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

its all a beautiful blur

I am a twenty-seven year old Canadian girl. This is my blog.

Skin and tragedy always attract a crowd. (June 18th, 1976 by Pedro the Lion)

I feel like I'm naked in front of the crowd
Cause these words are my diary screamin' out aloud
And I know that you'll use them however you want to.
(Breathe (2am) by Anna Nalick)


Visit Twenty Something Bloggers
Drawings To Look At
Other People's Words
Things I've Said Before
Et Cetera