its all a beautiful blur











{Friday, September 2} 05.09.02
According to Blogger, this is post #200. Yay!

I've probably eaten eight kiwis today. Not at once, but over the last four or so hours. My mouth is now kinda sore from the sour, if that makes any sense whatsoever. No, Im not trying to OD on fresh fruit, Im just hungry and it was either that or Oreos. I chose to take the healthier alternative. Good choice, Jenna, good choice.

Janice asked me yesterday if I wanted to join the gym with her in October. That's a realistic goal for me, since I dont know when the fuck I'll be getting my accident money. It might not be until October at this rate, so I might as well set a realistic goal for myself. But I've been doing pretty well with the eating. I realized that food was just a habit, not even a comfort, but a habit. Now I can say no, Im not going to eat something just because Im sitting here watching televison. Or on break at work. Or checking my email/blogs/comics.

They're saying that hurricane Katrina has killed at least one thousand people. Can you imagine not only losing a loved one, but being left with nothing but memories. No pictures of them, none of their belongings, nothing but memories. Memories fade. After a while you forget the sound of their voice, then how they smell, then finally its a struggle to remember what they look like without seeing a photograph. Imagine simply losing EVERYTHING. Mom was asking us the other day what we'd try and save if we were hit with that kind of weather here. Paul and I agreed that we'd take the dogs and our laptops, and then I'd take my hermit crab and my fishies. There's nothing else that I'd be upset over, honestly.

Mom had on the news yesterday and they were showing people in New Orleans being rescued and stuff, and the fella was talking and saying that the rescuers are too busy trying to save the living to even worry about collecting all of the corpses, and then the camera went to a corpse floating against a fence or something. There's no words to describe that.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

its all a beautiful blur

I am a twenty-seven year old Canadian girl. This is my blog.

Skin and tragedy always attract a crowd. (June 18th, 1976 by Pedro the Lion)

I feel like I'm naked in front of the crowd
Cause these words are my diary screamin' out aloud
And I know that you'll use them however you want to.
(Breathe (2am) by Anna Nalick)


Visit Twenty Something Bloggers
Drawings To Look At
Other People's Words
Things I've Said Before
Et Cetera