its all a beautiful blur











{Tuesday, June 28} 05.06.28
So... Saturday was really fun. I looked smokin hot, and Janice looked really good too. The new bar was kind of blah. It was really small for a bar, and had no real dance floor. Honestly, you were dancing with amongst the band. There's no need of that. The drinks were the same price as everywhere else, cover was expensive ($5, and they dont even stamp you), and they did not have a very good selection of bottled coolers.

We probably got there a little before midnight and it was basically empty, the band wasnt even playing. I had one drink, Janice had two and then we walked down to the usual haunt and got up and danced to the crappy band. We even headbanged to their version of Gel by Collective Soul.

So after we closed that bar we walked back up to the new one (which has a different liquor licence, therefore can stay open later) and it was PACKED! Waaay too many people to be comfortable. We made it as far as the bathroom and turned around and left again. We headed back into town because Janice's boyfriend was parked at Tim Horton's and was out talking to other guys who were there (its a small town, its the thing to do) and we hung out there until around 3:30pm or later. Then the three of us headed into Sydney to go to Jasper's and ate. I had poutine and it was good. Im not big on poutine, but I was drunk and it hit the spot. I got home at 5:40am.

Like I said, a good time.

I started my new hours (9:00am-8:00pm) yesterday, and as soon as I walked I was handed the papers for a new shift bid, which we had today. My seniority was 32 out of 140-something which was really good. They didnt have any steady 10hr shifts left with my days off and decent hours (I refuse to work until 2am when I can get a better shift). I took a shift that has Friday and Saturday off, and starts at 8:30am with different end times. Two days out of the week Im there until 7:30pm, and the other 3 days Im there no later than 4pm. It'll work out for the summer. I'll be able to hit the beach or whatever five out of seven days, and the other two days Im still out early enough to meet up with people and go out or do something, or even stay home and eat supper with my family. I'll need to get used to having to get up at 6:30am to get ready. Speaking of which, I have to get up at 7:00am tomorrow. This equals bedtime.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

its all a beautiful blur

I am a twenty-seven year old Canadian girl. This is my blog.

Skin and tragedy always attract a crowd. (June 18th, 1976 by Pedro the Lion)

I feel like I'm naked in front of the crowd
Cause these words are my diary screamin' out aloud
And I know that you'll use them however you want to.
(Breathe (2am) by Anna Nalick)


Visit Twenty Something Bloggers
Drawings To Look At
Other People's Words
Things I've Said Before
Et Cetera