its all a beautiful blur











{Tuesday, May 17} 05.05.17
Okay, so I was reading this article and it states:

The dark underside of the United States has taken center stage in several films at Cannes this year, capped on Monday with a scathing attack of past and present racism in America by Danish director Lars von Trier.


and

There are a number of other films that examine dark and depressing aspects of the United States and "American Dream" losers, filled with violence, drugs and alcohol abuse. They were made by directors from the United States, Canada and Europe.


and the rest of the article just goes on to talk about the movies playing. So, my point is that on the Drudge Report, Matt Drudge's headline is "American way of life attacked in films in Cannes". So... the "American way of life" is racism, violence, drugs, and alcohol abuse? It makes me vomit that if anyone portrays the US in a bad light they're "attacking the American way of life". No wonder most of the world has a grudge against the US.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

its all a beautiful blur

I am a twenty-seven year old Canadian girl. This is my blog.

Skin and tragedy always attract a crowd. (June 18th, 1976 by Pedro the Lion)

I feel like I'm naked in front of the crowd
Cause these words are my diary screamin' out aloud
And I know that you'll use them however you want to.
(Breathe (2am) by Anna Nalick)


Visit Twenty Something Bloggers
Drawings To Look At
Other People's Words
Things I've Said Before
Et Cetera