its all a beautiful blur











{Tuesday, May 25} lamb of god?
Long before I had a Blog, I had a website that I would post different ideas and thoughts that I would have. I was reading some of that stuff today, stuff going back more than three years. Im going to post here something that I had there, I may post more another day.

marilyn manson made a point in an interview on muchmusic that jesus christ can be compared to a rock star.
i will explain:

the 'rock stars' of today are treated as social pariahs by those who deem themselves 'moral'
they make statements which go against the 'norm'
or freaks, as most people call those who are different.
they push the limits.
people identify with 'rock stars'.
people follow them.
people look up to them.
jesus christ was a rock star.
jesus christ went around saying he was the 'son of god'.
he made some pretty radical statements.
he went against the norm.
travelled around and 'performed' for audiences.
people followed jesus.
people still follow jesus.
he was not only shunned by those who deemed themselves 'holy'
but he was killed by them.
jesus christ was a rock star.
if someone was going around today claiming they were the 'son of god' we would say they were crazy.
we would lock them up.
they would become a social pariah.
"god had one son and thats jesus"
says who?
if god is the almighty, if god answers to no one,
then who's to say how many 'children' s\he is to have?
our society crucifies those who go against the norm.
what many people dont understand,
is that the whole point of the story of christ is not that he died for our sins, but that we sinned by killing him.
he didnt die a noble death.
he was killed the same way they killed rapists and murderers.
his death showed what 'society' does to 'freaks'
we're still doing it
we're essentially no different then we were two thousand years ago.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

its all a beautiful blur

I am a twenty-seven year old Canadian girl. This is my blog.

Skin and tragedy always attract a crowd. (June 18th, 1976 by Pedro the Lion)

I feel like I'm naked in front of the crowd
Cause these words are my diary screamin' out aloud
And I know that you'll use them however you want to.
(Breathe (2am) by Anna Nalick)


Visit Twenty Something Bloggers
Drawings To Look At
Other People's Words
Things I've Said Before
Et Cetera