its all a beautiful blur











{Thursday, April 22}
Well... where do I even start?

I was driving to work today and saw a news truck parked across the road. My first thought was "Fuck, what's going on now?". I was hoping that it was something going on at the bar next door, like a drug bust or a stabbing or something. Then I saw the reporter standing right at the crosswalk at the parking lot at work. Naturally I parked in the side lot as so I wouldnt be accosted. I was talking to a co-worker in the foyer of the building and I find out that not only is my contract leaving the building in about six weeks, but the other contract, the only other contract, is leaving at the end of May. They dont have another contract lined up ...as of yet.

They're pulling us into meetings all day to discuss what's going on. Basically what they're telling us is that starting today they're giving us sixteen weeks notice. Now sixteen weeks is a long time after the two contracts are due to pull out. Sooo... what that means is that if they dont have new contracts in by the time the current ones are gone we will get paid full time to sit home and not work. SCORE!!! I dont get paid a full forty hours a week now because of all the VTO that I take. Once the sixteen weeks are up, if they still dont have work for us then we'll get UI and whatnot. Im not worried, and Im not freaking out. Its just a job. There are tons of other jobs around that I can get. Or I can move to Halifax and get a job there.

Speaking of Halifax, I never got a chance to post about my trip. Well we left at 6:00am on Wednesday morning, stopped for breakfast about half past nine, and then arrived in Lwr. Sackville about noonish. We picked up lunch and then went to my brother's doctor's appointment in Halifax, and then made it to my aunt's in Cole Harbour. After supper we just kinda sat around and talked, I was exhausted. Boyfriend called me at 9pm and I crashed not long after that.

We got up early Thursday and got a taxi to the big mall near my aunt's house. We did a lot of window shopping, and I was on my first escalator, and in my first glass elevator. I felt like such a hick. The first store that I bought something at was Zellers, which we have at home, but I found two cute pairs of jammies and a cute pair of sunglasses. Then I managed to hit a sale at the GAP and bought an outfit, a few shirts, and a carry-on bag all for about $130. I window shopped some more and then while my brother was looking at sunglasses at a kiosk I wandered into American Eagle Outfitters and they were having a sale so I bought two t-shirts and a halter top (I wish I had bought more of the halter tops, I love the one I got). That was the end of my shopping for this trip. We had a big supper that night and crashed early again.

Friday we met my cousin at the little mall near my aunt's and went to Costco and headed home about 12:30. We made two stops on the way home and got in the driveway just before 7pm. I was exhausted. I didnt work on Saturday, and had Sunday and Monday off as usual. It ended up being a really good weekend, and Im hoping to get down there again during the summer if Boyfriend is still employed.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

its all a beautiful blur

I am a twenty-seven year old Canadian girl. This is my blog.

Skin and tragedy always attract a crowd. (June 18th, 1976 by Pedro the Lion)

I feel like I'm naked in front of the crowd
Cause these words are my diary screamin' out aloud
And I know that you'll use them however you want to.
(Breathe (2am) by Anna Nalick)


Visit Twenty Something Bloggers
Drawings To Look At
Other People's Words
Things I've Said Before
Et Cetera