its all a beautiful blur











{Tuesday, April 6}
Today is a weird day. A guy who worked at the same place I did died in a car accident over the weekend. I didnt know the guy personally, but I did know him to see him. He was the only casualty. In my work email there was people sending out emails all day about what a great guy he was, how he'll be missed, etc. It made me think of my own accident last year. More specifically, all I can think about was that split-second when I gripped the steering wheel and thought "This could kill me". You dont forget that. Im still nervous driving in the weather after dark. It was a year ago that it happened actually, the Sunday before Easter. Creepy.

Also this weekend a woman in my town OD'd on OxyContin. Its like death number 20 something from that drug in the area. Its getting really bad. Im sure I could get a hold of some Oxy's here in the building. Its pathetic when parents are relieved when their kid is only doing acid. I was reading on CNN.com today where the town of (of all places) Hazard, Kentucky is having the same problem. Obviously its everywhere. To tell you the truth, I dont even blame the dealers, because they're only going to deal whatever people are looking for. Its the fault of the doctors who are writing prescription upon prescription upon prescription of Oxy for people. Someone has to put a stop to it.

I've never done drugs. I have to say that the reason for that is because for about six years I had a drug dealer living next door to me and I've seen too many people in and out of there in various states of mental disarray. What sticks in my head was the dude who used to go every afternoon with his kids in the car and make a pickup. Every afternoon. That's not casual use. Im not even going to mention the effects it has on your body, because I drink every now and again and I dont eat a perfectly healthy diet. But think of the money that that dude was spending on his drugs, and think of what his kids were going without. I never wanted to end up like that, so I just never had the interest in "experimenting".

On a happier note, I got my income tax refund yesterday, totalling $865.32. Way more than I was expecting. So Im definately going on my trip next week. I cant wait.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

its all a beautiful blur

I am a twenty-seven year old Canadian girl. This is my blog.

Skin and tragedy always attract a crowd. (June 18th, 1976 by Pedro the Lion)

I feel like I'm naked in front of the crowd
Cause these words are my diary screamin' out aloud
And I know that you'll use them however you want to.
(Breathe (2am) by Anna Nalick)


Visit Twenty Something Bloggers
Drawings To Look At
Other People's Words
Things I've Said Before
Et Cetera