its all a beautiful blur











{Wednesday, March 3}
McDonald's restaurants in the U.S. are discontinuing Supersize fries and drinks because consumers are getting too fat. ARE THEY FUCKING INSANE???? It is not the restaurant's fault that the people who eat there are getting to fat. I love to eat McDonald's chicken fajita combo with fries, but I know that I cant eat them all the time for 2 reasons: 1) I'll get fat, and 2) it would cost too much. I dont supersize my combo because it would be too much for me to eat, but I know people who can eat more than I can, so go ahead, supersize. Its a lot cheaper than buying two orders of fries. And there's really no need to have supersize drinks anyway when you get free refills on pop at the newer restaurants anyway. Its just another way for people to pass the blame about their own (or their children's) weight problems.

Like, I know that Im overweight. I could use to lose a good 40lbs or so (most people would argue me on that, I wear my weight well). So I've decided to cut down on my treats, especially at work, and hopefully join a local gym once I can get the money together. Im not going to blame the local McDonald's for selling me fries that's making me fat. Its my choice to pull in the drive-through on my way to work. For the record, I might stop at McDonald's once or twice in a given month.

Part of the reason I want to take cooking next year at school is to be able to cook my own healthy food. Currently Im relying on what other people can make for me, which for the most part isnt the healthiest. I dont cook now mostly because I dont know how to. Well, no. Most things I have a general idea how to cook, but I could never survive on my own without eating canned or packaged food. I cant survive on that stuff the rest of my life. My boyfriend can cook, but he doesnt eat what I do. I like to eat veggies and he prefers meat. He eats tons of sandwiches and the only sandwiches I eat are from Subway. I cant depend on him to be able to cook for me because he's not going to cook what I want to eat. I have to be able to cook what I want. Which reminds me, I have to apply to the college.

I must be in L2 today, I signed on 27 minutes ago and havent taken a call yet, when I know that L1 is only 10 minutes between calls. I dont mind at all.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

its all a beautiful blur

I am a twenty-seven year old Canadian girl. This is my blog.

Skin and tragedy always attract a crowd. (June 18th, 1976 by Pedro the Lion)

I feel like I'm naked in front of the crowd
Cause these words are my diary screamin' out aloud
And I know that you'll use them however you want to.
(Breathe (2am) by Anna Nalick)


Visit Twenty Something Bloggers
Drawings To Look At
Other People's Words
Things I've Said Before
Et Cetera