its all a beautiful blur











{Thursday, March 18}
I was cruising around on the internet today like I usually do before my shift and I found this article and there was one line in it that really pissed me off. The parents are quoted as saying "My child is not old enough to understand something like that, especially when it is not in our beliefs." Who's beliefs? The child is in elementary school, how do they know what she's going to believe in? I know that parents want their children to have the same beliefs that they do, but it doesnt always work that way. They shouldnt try and "protect" their child from homosexuality, because that just promotes the hatred and fear that a lot of people have today. I really dont agree with them keeping the book out of the library, because who are they to judge what other parents teach their children about? Really, now. There's nothing wrong with people who are gay, its whats wrong with everybody else.

I dont have any children. I do plan to have children in the future, and I know that I want to raise my children to be open minded and come to their own conclusions about things. I dont plan on bringing up my children to be Catholic, and I want them to come to their own conclusions about whether or not they want to believe in a god. I know my mother hates the fact that I dont go to church anymore. I havent flat out told her that I dont believe in her God, because I know that its something that will hurt her. I honestly dread having to tell her that I dont want to Baptize any children that I have. I just dont want to force my children into any sort of beliefs. I want them to have an awareness, but I want them to come to their own beliefs. Morality is all relative.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

its all a beautiful blur

I am a twenty-seven year old Canadian girl. This is my blog.

Skin and tragedy always attract a crowd. (June 18th, 1976 by Pedro the Lion)

I feel like I'm naked in front of the crowd
Cause these words are my diary screamin' out aloud
And I know that you'll use them however you want to.
(Breathe (2am) by Anna Nalick)


Visit Twenty Something Bloggers
Drawings To Look At
Other People's Words
Things I've Said Before
Et Cetera