its all a beautiful blur











{Monday, March 29}
I finally got to see Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind today. The only word I can really use to describe it would be spec-fucking-tacular. It was honestly the best movie I've seen since Fight Club. I will own it when it comes out on DVD. I know that describing it wont do it justice, so just go see it.

I went out with the girls last night and had the best time in AGES. We went to one of the bars in town and I got wrecked on only three and a half Pur Source. It was frigging awesome. The band was comically terrible, and the patrons at the bar were equally as comical, so we had tons to laugh at. The band got better the drunker I got, and I was even up dancing and whatnot. Naturally I was really horny (due to combining lack of sex lately and a lot of alcohol) when we were leaving but I couldnt get a hold of him. He called about ten or fifteen minutes after I got home and I suppose my drunkenness convinced him to come over here. Unfortunately for him by the time he got here I was hardly even able to stay awake let alone perform. I told him that he could do it anyway, but for some reason he's never up for that. I cant figure out why...

Yes, I was being sarcastic.

Today I got an invitation to a jack and jill type wedding shower for a girl I've known since I was seven or eight. A jack and jill shower is one for both males and females, its held later at night and its more like a dance than a wedding shower. Im not exactly fond of them. My invitation was adressed to "Jenna & Guest". Naturally Boyfriend will be my guest as I cannot show up to something like that without having a date. This girl and I havent been friends since highschool, and honestly I always thought she was kind of snotty. Her mother and my mother knew each other, and her and I met in Brownies when we were young. I think we were best friends for a while in grade six, but we were always more of aquaintances than real friends. I would not have been offended if I wasnt invited, and the same will be true if I dont get invited to the wedding. But, since I was invited, I have to make an appearance.

Its weird. Im not even twenty-three yet, and there's already people that I grew up with who are getting married. There were people my age having children when we were in school, so its no big shock that there's even more who've had children since we graduated. But having children is different. Its a lifetime commitment, sure, but a child is someone who is related to you, and with a child, you start from scratch. Marriage is a lifetime commitment to someone who comes into your life after living up to that point without you, and could easily continue living without you. Im probably not explaining myself properly. What sounds like a good idea in my head, doesnt always turn out to be a good idea when I try to translate it into actual words.

What's really getting to me about her getting married is, how do you really know that this particular person is the one. Like, Boyfriend and I will be together for three years in a little less than two months, and I dont think we could successfully live together at this point, let alone be legally bound to each other. I dont know how long the soon-to-be-married couple have been together, but I think its only about four years. How can she know at (just about) 23 that this guy is the one that she'll go to bed with every night, for the rest of her life? Do you wake up one morning just knowing? I dont get it.

I feel like Im too young to make that kind of commitment to someone. My mother got married to my father when she was barely 20. Her older sister was married at 20, and her younger sister at 22. It boggles me how, at that age, you can be that ready.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

its all a beautiful blur

I am a twenty-seven year old Canadian girl. This is my blog.

Skin and tragedy always attract a crowd. (June 18th, 1976 by Pedro the Lion)

I feel like I'm naked in front of the crowd
Cause these words are my diary screamin' out aloud
And I know that you'll use them however you want to.
(Breathe (2am) by Anna Nalick)


Visit Twenty Something Bloggers
Drawings To Look At
Other People's Words
Things I've Said Before
Et Cetera