its all a beautiful blur











{Thursday, February 12}
Im really tired of reading news stories about this state and that state rushing to ban gay marriges. Really now, is it really going to hurt the moral fabric of the American people to allow two men or two women enter into a legal binding relationship? No. The moral argument is bullshit. The argument about preserving families is bullshit. There are gay people who have better morals than a lot of straight people. There are gay people who will raise children better and who contribute more to the community than straight people. Times like this Im glad I live in Canada, where gay marriges are on their way to being legal.

The government of the United States boasts that they're the "land of the free", yet they're getting away with being openly prejudiced against a certain group of people. Actually making laws to not allow a certain segment of society not share the same rights as the rest of the population. Its hard to believe that the government of the "land of the free" is running around like a chicken with its head cut off trying to make laws preventing gay marriges. As if that's a major threat to the American people. Why not work on children poverty, or the homeless, or the drug trade? Fuck, what business of the government's is it anyway who someone wants to spend the rest of their life with?

The way I look at marriage, its a legal union, and nothing more. The Christian church has always been against homosexuality, they're not going to change. They do not have to be forced to marry homosexuals, you can be married by someone other than a priest, in a place other than a church. Myself, I dont ever plan on getting married in a church, or by a priest. My ideal wedding would take place on a random day in June (a Thursday maybe), in the courthouse, with me wearing a pair of jeans and flip-flops. That's it, nothing fancy. I dont want a hoop-la over the signing of a document. A big wedding is just a waste of money. I'd rather save my money and go on a kickass honeymoon.

Its time for me to sign onto my phone now, let the games begin.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

its all a beautiful blur

I am a twenty-seven year old Canadian girl. This is my blog.

Skin and tragedy always attract a crowd. (June 18th, 1976 by Pedro the Lion)

I feel like I'm naked in front of the crowd
Cause these words are my diary screamin' out aloud
And I know that you'll use them however you want to.
(Breathe (2am) by Anna Nalick)


Visit Twenty Something Bloggers
Drawings To Look At
Other People's Words
Things I've Said Before
Et Cetera